Birthday Lantern

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Man you guys are all over this, thanks :D The faunt is brass, according to my magnet test. No markings except the coleman light of the night logo and 50 & 11 on the bottom.
Image

Image

Image
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:38 pm

The founts on all three are brass.
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby campmaster-k » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Based on the Fuel cap and the vent and the frame being black I say it is a frankie. But who knows.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team


Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
User avatar
campmaster-k
Lifetime member
 
Posts: 3030
Images: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Colusa, California
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Kevin A » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Here's a comparison of the early and late 200A vents and the green one above. The green vents were from the 202's and some propane lanterns.
Is that a ceramic burner cap?

Image
Image

So it appears the vent is 202, the frame is from a black band and a 200 nickel fount.
I just noticed the green fuel cap too.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
User avatar
Kevin A
The other guy
 
Posts: 3217
Images: 289
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am
Location: California, Eureka
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Kevin A » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:51 pm

campmaster-k wrote:
Kevin A wrote:
campmaster-k wrote:The one on the right looks to me like a green 200a with a stripped fount. Just guessing.

That was my first thought too, but it has the early style collar and he says the date is 11/50. A magnet test would determine if it's a brass fount or steel. The 200's had brass.


Kevin were there 200s made with a Green vent. That is an old style vent. Interesting. :thinking:

Yep they made a green 200A vent/lantern but it's the later short style.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
User avatar
Kevin A
The other guy
 
Posts: 3217
Images: 289
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am
Location: California, Eureka
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby campmaster-k » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Kevin A wrote:
campmaster-k wrote:
Kevin A wrote:
campmaster-k wrote:The one on the right looks to me like a green 200a with a stripped fount. Just guessing.

That was my first thought too, but it has the early style collar and he says the date is 11/50. A magnet test would determine if it's a brass fount or steel. The 200's had brass.


Kevin were there 200s made with a Green vent. That is an old style vent. Interesting. :thinking:

Yep they made a green 200A vent/lantern but it's the later short style.


I dont remember seeing an old style green hat like that before. I know that the 200a s had them but not the high top ones like is in the pic. :?
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team


Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
User avatar
campmaster-k
Lifetime member
 
Posts: 3030
Images: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Colusa, California
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Kevin A » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 pm

The green vent came off one of these two models. 202 and 5101 Propane.
Image
Image
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
User avatar
Kevin A
The other guy
 
Posts: 3217
Images: 289
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am
Location: California, Eureka
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Kevin A wrote:Here's a comparison of the early and late 200A vents and the green one above. The green vents were from the 202's and some propane lanterns.
Is that a ceramic burner cap?

Image
Image

So it appears the vent is 202, the frame is from a black band and a 200 nickel fount.
I just noticed the green fuel cap too.



LOL, I don't know what a burner cap is but I'm not seeing anything that is ceramic. :?
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Kevin A » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 pm

The burner cap is the piece you tie the mantle on to.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
User avatar
Kevin A
The other guy
 
Posts: 3217
Images: 289
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am
Location: California, Eureka
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Kevin A wrote:The burner cap is the piece you tie the mantle on to.



Got it, kinda figured, looks like brass to me.
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry, missed the request for a stripped down shot. Here is is.

Image
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm guessing the amber globes and reflectors are no big deal? I have not seen them much but you guys are not making comment. Something else I noticed today - The globes don't say Pyrex, what is the deal with that?
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby campmaster-k » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Cantputt wrote:I'm guessing the amber globes and reflectors are no big deal? I have not seen them much but you guys are not making comment. Something else I noticed today - The globes don't say Pyrex, what is the deal with that?


We just havent gotten to the globe yet. The amber globe is very cool and expensive to replace. Colored glass is a whole next level of cool. Not sure about the unmarked amber, could be third party glass. All my amber and red glass says Coleman. In any event the amber is a big plus. 8)

Red glass is cool too.

Image
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team


Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
User avatar
campmaster-k
Lifetime member
 
Posts: 3030
Images: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Colusa, California
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Junkboy999 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

It still a nice lantern. but it is definitely parts from a few lantern to make it up. I was thinking about turning a wooden lantern as well to show off at my wood Guild meeting.
User avatar
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1259
Images: 52
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Top

Re: Birthday Lantern

Postby Cantputt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

I received my 9-57 birth date lantern last week and today I replaced the fuel cap, fuel and mantels. Took it outside just in case and after a little coaxing and she fired up nicely. :beer:
Image
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 93
Images: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest