Flame by the end of the generator on 425 stove.

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Re: Flame by the end of the generator on 425 stove.

Postby working on it » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:38 pm

* My dual-fuel two burner has started to do the same. I think that there's soot in the burner itself, or something causing back-pressure that forces the flame to back up. I've never cleaned it, though, but before next camp-out, I''l use some brake or carburetor cleaner spray on mine, and see if it clears up.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Flame by the end of the generator on 425 stove.

Postby dbhosttexas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:10 pm

working on it wrote:* My dual-fuel two burner has started to do the same. I think that there's soot in the burner itself, or something causing back-pressure that forces the flame to back up. I've never cleaned it, though, but before next camp-out, I''l use some brake or carburetor cleaner spray on mine, and see if it clears up.

I just stumbled on this thread. What was your result with this?

My 424 did this but I just ran the valve all the way open, closed, and the light / run lever in out several times. I replaced tthe dried out packing and ran a tank of regular unleaded gas with carb and injector cleaner through it. No more backflame...
dbhosttexas
The 300 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment