camp pod progress..

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

camp pod progress..

Postby vinoscooter » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:33 pm

The weather's improved..sub floor & floor completed..2x4 & /3/4 in plywood floor,sealed & caulked. Wood cut for framing both sides,riped 2x3's for corner posts,the rest is riped 1x3's for window framing etc...sides & roof 1/2 in plywood.when the interior ply side is sanded, sealed, will glue & screw..sides will be up...It's been alot of fun geting started on the build, after a cold winter...It might of been over kill w/the 2x4 & 3/4 in plywood floor...but I need it to be rugged...Some of the fishin holes around here are just plain ruff to get to...i know i know take pic's...soon i hope...my baby brownie's packed away somewhere...( if your to young to know ) a baby brownie is an old camera :o the ones that had film...take care...
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:43 am

It sounds like you are off to a great start. It is always a great rush to finally see all of your planning and designing come together :shock: . Can't wait to see your progress.

Keep up the great work,
Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Camp pod shape?

Postby dboyd » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Hello, I am new here. I have currently built two tear drop trailer frames,one for my uncle and one for myself. I would like to know more about you camp pod and what it will look like. I am trying to decide the most practical design for our trailers. our trailers are 48 x 9' 11". it has been very difficult deciding what type of body to build. Any help is appreciated. :?
There is nothing I cannot do, I just seem to be better at some things than others.
dboyd
Teardrop Inspector

hey there DBOYD...some pod info

Postby vinoscooter » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Paul butlers Camp Pod http://butlerprojects.com/camppod.html
I liked the pod plans..While researching different web site's for building ideas,I came across his web site. it' uses tear drop & an old design from years ago. Although not a tear, it's function's are all in the same..a small cozy camping unit a step up from a tent..quote from the web site: the pod is more watertight than a tent. The ply sides are pest proof,it sits off the ground to keep you dry, The interior can be insulated w/sheet foam to keep it cozy,& a 4x8 version will sleep 1 in luxury,2 in comfort,& still provide storage space. Doors,,drop leaf tables & dedicated storage spaces can be fitted as required on top or sides,the plans encourage modification to suit individual needs.Inspired by popular tear trailers in the 40's.Can be light or heavy depending on needs.Can be rounded,squared off,depending on the look you want.....Check his site out.I'm useing his plans,along w/tear drop plans.Kepping it simple & cost efective, as this is my 1st build..Paul is a boat builder,That stuff gets expensive,my materials are more home depot style..It will be built at 1/2 the cost of his version..I liked the plans because their easily modified..large or small,light or heavey,expensive or cheap,round or square,It's my build,why not do my thing and learn from it.Maybe the next build will be a tear.Hey ya know,it would be Great to have another pod builder out there.. :roll: Thanks for your interest..email me if you need more info. [email protected]
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:11 am

Vino,

Do you have any photos of your progress?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Non-traditional Designs