any one got any really off the wall ideas

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

any one got any really off the wall ideas

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:13 pm

Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: any one got any really off the wall ideas

Postby angib » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:32 am

Ron Dickey wrote:or these http://www.smartaustralia.com.au/

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:34 am

Andrew,

thank you very much

The top trailer is very close to what I want to do in the front. Ideas change with every turn.
I found a music van that had a pull out back end that is very close to my thinking. We are all inventers that come up simlar things or same things it seems to be more who comes up with it first.
http://www.gizmag.com/picture.php?s=14&p=3450_01.jpg
Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

where to find info on this camper

Postby rodtermaat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:00 pm

Does anyone have any information on the camper being towed by the SmartCar? I like the camper design. I plan to buy a Smart when they are available stateside.

I have been going back and forth about building a very small light weight camper versus a larger midget type. Maybe I should just build both. I'll start with the smaller one to cut my teeth on. I can identify all the things I wish I had and build the second.

rod
nebraska rod
www.rodtermaat.com
rodtermaat
Teardrop Builder

Postby Podunkfla » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 am

Off the wall idea... huh? :lol:

I don't know how off the wall it is... But, I always liked those little cars. :thumbsup:
So... here's my "Smart Arse Tear" idea! :shock:

<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby martha24 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:58 am

Podunkfla wrote:Off the wall idea... huh? :lol:

I don't know how off the wall it is... But, I always liked those little cars. :thumbsup:
So... here's my "Smart Arse Tear" idea! :shock:

I like it. :thumbsup:
I think those little Smart cars are cute. I first saw them when my daughter & I went with friends to Europe in 2000. In Paris they were parked literally on the corner between the crosswalks. :lol: In Switzerland my friend's old student said Smarts only need 1/2 a parking place, so they always leave room for another one. They seem like a great around town car, though I would wonder about traveling in them.
Martha ;)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jagular7 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 am

The SC seems to take a hit pretty well also.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=biYLn47VwJs
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Mike, I watched that video last night and was suitably impressed...70mph head on into a 20ton concrete barrier...BUT, I was left wondering about, what would happen if it was run over by a 40 ton 18 wheeler...I bet you couldn't open and close the doors after that........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:18 pm

madjack wrote:...BUT, I was left wondering about, what would happen if it was run over by a 40 ton 18 wheeler...I bet you couldn't open and close the doors after that........
madjack 8)

That is always my fear when I got to get into one of those cars that you have to look up to see the lug nuts on a semi. He pulls out to pass another truck and you become a speed bump! :( :thinking:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Rich, as a 20+year truck driver, I have often been asked, what is the scariest thing on the road and I universally tell folks, it is not black ice, or heavy fog and rain but little mini cars like the CrV Hondas, Metros and others...you can't see 'em coming up behind you and they are so small they zip in and out of your blind spots so fast that often, the first time you are aware of them, is when they pop out past your front bumper while passing...VERY SCARY to know, that you could run over one and not even know it....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby brian_bp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 pm

Podunkfla wrote:So... here's my "Smart Arse Tear" idea!

I like the style - I generally like trailers nicely derived from the tug - but I think it's way too much for the Smart.

There has to be a lot of appeal to driving a Smart Fortwo the rest of the time to justify putting up with it as a tow vehicle. It will probably get worse fuel economy towing than a common subcompact would, and will be incredibly slow. But hey, maybe it's worth doing just to prove it can be done...
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 am

brian_bp wrote:
Podunkfla wrote:So... here's my "Smart Arse Tear" idea!

I like the style - I generally like trailers nicely derived from the tug - but I think it's way too much for the Smart.

There has to be a lot of appeal to driving a Smart Fortwo the rest of the time to justify putting up with it as a tow vehicle. It will probably get worse fuel economy towing than a common subcompact would, and will be incredibly slow. But hey, maybe it's worth doing just to prove it can be done...

I have to agree... It was just a fun exercise with graphics. Sure not practical to actually build, I think... But it would look cool!
Hey... add a turbo maybe? :shock:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby angib » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:10 pm

Building the Simplicity - the text is in Dutch (Babelfish has a translator) but the photos are in English...

A picture I found (no further details):

A Smart towing a Weferlinger LC200:

The Shuttle-car from the Czech Republic:

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Tear Les » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Andrew,

Thanks for the link to the Simplicity. I got so intruiged looking at the photos and grasping what I could from the Dutch decriptions that I had to go back with Babelfish and learn more.

Very clever! :thumbsup:
Les Lampman
Tear Les
Teardrop Master

Postby angib » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:55 am

Tear Les wrote:....I had to go back with Babelfish and learn more.

Mostly you will learn that Babelfish doesn't know any trailer-specific words, but sometimes it makes it amusing....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Next

Return to Non-traditional Designs