aerodynamic

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Re: aerodynamic

Postby droid_ca » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 am

I have seen tons of videos and pictures but I'm always open to seeing more..I love getting new ideas for my tiny house I have been emailing people that have actually built and living in them...I find they can be some of the best resources as I ask what would you do differently and a lot of it comes down to space and space management.instead of a ladder going to a loft I would like to have a set of stairs to me it makes more sens beneath the stairs is storage space and built ins
there are lots of multi-functional item that can be squeezed into a tin house as well laptops that serve as Televisions or washer dryers all built into one. I truly believe that this where my world is going to by making small sacrifices to get tremendous gains. I'd like to be able to move it when ever I seen fit but also have the ability for it to seem natural and blend in where ever it may be parked..I think the big draw for me is it gets you out more forcing you to get out of the house and do something...sure you can be just as lazy outside..Thank you all for your comments and suggestions I look forward to reading more
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am

mckenney56 wrote:How about take the mirrors off and replace them with cameras. I hear they will require rear view cameras on cars soon. They think it will prevent me from backing over people, mostly little children.

They're gonna take all the fun out of driving.

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Martiangod » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

eamarquardt wrote:They're gonna take all the fun out of driving.

Gus

They already have
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is

Chris

Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
The topper viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58140, gone to a new home to be converted
into an ice fishing shack...FREEBIE !!! for a nice young family
The trailer viewtopic.php?f=50&t=48156
Martiangod
500 Club

Postby TJinPgh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 pm

eamarquardt wrote:
mckenney56 wrote:How about take the mirrors off and replace them with cameras. I hear they will require rear view cameras on cars soon. They think it will prevent me from backing over people, mostly little children.

They're gonna take all the fun out of driving.

Gus

They're gonna do a lot more than that.

If you're watching a video monitor in the dash you're going to make it virtually impossible to check your blind spots.

Odds are this will cause more accidents than it fixes.

Monitors are only useful for larger vehicles with blind spots that can't be seen from the driver's seat.
-TJ
TJinPgh
The 300 Club

Postby Martiangod » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Know how many people back into stuff now because of them stupid back up sensors
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is

Chris

Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
The topper viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58140, gone to a new home to be converted
into an ice fishing shack...FREEBIE !!! for a nice young family
The trailer viewtopic.php?f=50&t=48156
Martiangod
500 Club

Postby angib » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 am

droid_ca wrote:instead of a ladder going to a loft I would like to have a set of stairs to me it makes more sens beneath the stairs is storage space and built ins

This would be an ideal place to use half-tread or spacesaver stairs:

These are awkward to use the first time, but within minutes they become completely natural to use and save a lot of space.
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby droid_ca » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Andrew those stairs are neat I've seen pictures of them before I would just be afraid of guests not know how to navigate them and falling and wrecking my...oops I mean getting hurt...but for my stair Idea I think I'm going to have them come down to a small landing turn 90 degrees and then proceed to the floor as I believe I can make good use of the space that it would create underneath and just the visual I think would be appealing to look into the living room or great room as its been called
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs