Last "out of the box" teardrop trailer

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Last "out of the box" teardrop trailer

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 am

Just a teaser to alert anyone interested in my newest, secret TD build. It has a 7 ft long bed, has no vertical walls, no flat roof, no square or round corners, has 5 non-openable windows, the entire tongue is hidden and strangely enough....... there are no doors. It is 80 % finished and will make it's maiden trip to the Shasta Gathering. My 2 dogs will love it, since they even have a doggy door. Of course it is mounted on a Harbor Freight trailer frame and as usual, 1/4 inch plywood was used exclusively everywhere. I hope 3 coats of house paint work as well as they do on the walls of my house, the "Trolley Top Stacker" seems to be holding up well.
I've taken progress pics, can't post 'em (I don't know how), so will see you at Shasta. :? :R Roly~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: Last "out of the box" teardrop trailer

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:48 pm

8) Okay, Roly....you know> I think it will be triangular in shape, but I know there will probably be a post.....spoiler alert! :D
xoxo :lips: The Teardrop Nanny :shhh:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby tony.latham » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Roly:

Go knock on your neighbor's door. They can post the photos for you. You're killing us. :x

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Jim.M » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 pm

tony.latham wrote:Roly:

Go knock on your neighbor's door. They can post the photos for you. You're killing us. :x

Tony

sounds like Fermat's last teardrop...
Jim.M
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

I don't know that I buy this will be the last one!
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 pm

I was so busy scratching my head over the trailer that, the first time around, I didn't notice that you mentioned two dogs.
You've got a second dog now, Roly? :o
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Maybe it's a high powered rocket? :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 am

Yes, Sharon, I now have 2dogs. My first, that l have had for a couple of years is a Pom, Foxy Roxy, and I am her only entertainmnt, so I decided to find her a companion. I had been going to the local shelter every week, looking for another Pom, and fnally found one that was cowering in a corner, afraid of all of he smells, sounds and strange suroundings. I felt she might make a good companion for Roxy, and when I was able to get them together, which took a couple of days, because the little new one had fleas and ticks, which had to be gotten rid of, and they got along just great. I call her Teeny Weeny Jeannie, because she is only 1/2 the size of Roxy.

She was afraid of a collar and leash, and cowered at the sound of any strange noises. As soon as Roxy got involved in her life, things changed in a hurry. Roxy taught her how to walk on a leash, since I tied them together, how to respond when I called them and to never take their eyes off of me, because I was the guy that fed them, allowed them to sleep on my bed and also took them for a walk twice a day and cleaned up threir crap! Now they both walk side by side off of the leash and never wander off, keeping me always in sight.

Well, now Jeannie is Roxy's best friend, they lick each other's ears and eyes and are always together. Jeannie taught Roxy that it is OK to bark when strangers are near, and I feel I should have named her Hoover or Orick, since she is like a vaccuum cleaner, going after bits of food on the floor. She crawls under the covers when I climb into bed and pokes her head out, resting it on my arm as she sleeps. Both dogs are so well behaved, I am often asked how I do it. I tell them that I am the pack leader at my house, the human always goes out of the door first, insists that they never step off of the curb without sitting down and waiting to be told they can do so.

Jeanny will be on her first TD gathering this weekend, when we go to Lake Perris for the maiden voyage of the latest TD project. I expect no problems with either of them. I often look into their big brown eyes and wonder why they never let me out of their sight, even if I am in the bathroom! I am expecting them to use the doggie door that I have installed in my latest TD and know there will be no potty calls during the night......I hope.
:D 8) :worship: ;) :thumbsup: Roly, the teardrop lover and dog lover, but I sure wish they could talk when I talk to them.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 pm

That's great, Roly! I hope you don't let them use the doggie door when you're sleeping. They could run into a skunk or become coyote dinner! ;)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rebapuck » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Where's it at?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby danlott » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:55 am

Here are a few pictures.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:15 am

wow. That's amazing. Any inside pictures?
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 am

I gotta say that is truly unique, but I still bet it is not the last one :D
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby mezmo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 am

Thanks for posting the pics. I was wondering what
it looked like. It's another little wooden wonder !

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Non-traditional Designs