Thinking of next project

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Thinking of next project

Postby bvc2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:01 am

Lookin for input, ideas and comments on my latest project. Most likly i will be starting a new project next spring, haven't quite decided what kind yet. I'm shopping for ideas now.

On my photo gallery (sort in ascending order) is my last project ((home made TT)).

--------------sort ascending--------
bvc2000
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:27 am

Hey BVC,

That's quite a project you got there. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that before. Did you park it on a vacation parcel somewhere, or do you drag it to the campgrounds to use it?

It's quite creative, with the fold out walls and the slide out roof. Certainly you've got all the comforts of home. I especially like the little wood burning stove. The rough look and the stucco, that's the image you were trying to achieve, right?

Anyways, so now you're looking for a new project, something smaller I am guessing? We'll you've come to the right place, we've got lot's of small projects. :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby bvc2000 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:24 pm

I took it to a state park for 2 weeks to try everything out to see if it all worked ( trial period in cold months and summer months) everything works.

This is sort of a side hobby for me, trying different designs. I've made several campers before, each one different and with successive improvements.

I am thinking that the next one i make might have fold up sides like this one, and also have the top fold down and compress much like a pop tent does.

The difference would be that it isn't a tent, all the sections would be solid panels with cold weather insulation inside the panels.

The challenge in this project would be the type of seals that i would need.

Basically, the goal is to maximize space & comfort while on the camp grounds and minimize it while traveling and storage.
bvc2000
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Non-traditional Designs