Loader's Blue Yonder- 2 Nov- First Outing Pic; LCG VI

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby tonyj » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Loader wrote:Not too much to report, although the roof is completely installed.

All insulation is in and I used the spray foam where needed (sorry not picture of that). Put a little caulking where the wires ran through the spars.

I installed the outer wood skin, filled the holes, fiber glassed the seam, then sanded and applied the sealant.

Getting closer to installing the aluminum skin!

Before filling and sanding

Sealant applied (fiber glassed seam in the front)

Such lonely shots. Makes me think of winter. Where the L do you live?

Can't wait to to the results in weather that isn't this!
Last edited by tonyj on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby David S » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Earl,its really looking good,I think the heat is slowing us all down.Weatherman just said Kansas is going to drop back in the 90's next week but dosn't look good for the Oklahoma,Texas guys.
Stay cool,
Dave
David S
Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey Earl looking good bud! I wish I could find the time to work on mine but if its not hot as the dickens then I have to be somewehre else than at home. Keep going bud.

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey Earl

Your getting closer to (DONE) ! :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks all.

Tom, you are right, the heat has been crazy, but I have the goal bringing the Blue Yonder to LCG, so, need to push on. At least I'm not working inside the cabin now like you are with your cabinets. That has to be brutal!

Tony, we can only dream of winter! Of course, then we'll all be complaining of the cold winds and ice storms (at least here in Ft Worth).

Thanks Dave, I think at this point I would take 90s. This is the longest stretch of 100s we've had since we moved to Texas 9 years ago and it can stop any time!

Cliff, I know you guys have been real hot too. I spent last week in Warner Robins, thinking I'd get away from the 100s, nope, 100+ every day. I know what you mean with travel, I have at least two more trips before LCG, sometimes hard to find the time for the teardrop.

Thanks Larry. Yep, it's getting closer. Need to build the doors and the hatch still. Also get the aluminum on. I might put the aluminum on next, just to get it done, not sure though. I mean, it has to be on before I mount the doors and hatch anyway.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:24 am

Dang Earl next time your here let me know and we'll have dinner bud. I was over in Warner Robins twice last week and will be there tomorrow evening to walk some installs.

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 am

CliffinGA wrote:Dang Earl next time your here let me know and we'll have dinner bud. I was over in Warner Robins twice last week and will be there tomorrow evening to walk some installs.

Cliff :thumbsup:

Sorry Cliff, will do! I normally head out there at least once a year for meetings or when I need to visit the base.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby LDK » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:15 am

Hey Earl

That's not a bad idea about putting your aluminum skin on next. You'll probably need it on first before you can test fit your doors and hatch lid. I wish I had put mine on earlier too.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:24 pm

I decided to dry fit the first piece of aluminum. I do need to complete a little final trimming (probably with router and trim bit). All in all, I think it turned out alright.

Now to get it permanently mounted.

It is blue in color, but also has the blue plastic protective film on it.

Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby eezerz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:11 pm

That is an outstanding build. LOTS of detail. Love the wine rack, door handles and beverage cups too. I did notice you put a bungee cord on your pet cool, is there a reason for that? I am a little concerned it may walk around alittle on rough roads! It could get damaged and or bend the legs. May I suggest the you drill 2 holes in atleast 3 of the legs and screw it down with small angle brackets(piece of mind). Those bungee's have a way of rotting and breaking over time. I would still keep the bungee as well though.... I really think you have done an outstanding job on your build so far. Looking forward to the finished product.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:applause:
thismobilehouse.blogspot.com
eezerz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Loader » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 pm

eezerz wrote:That is an outstanding build. LOTS of detail. Love the wine rack, door handles and beverage cups too. I did notice you put a bungee cord on your pet cool, is there a reason for that? I am a little concerned it may walk around alittle on rough roads! It could get damaged and or bend the legs. May I suggest the you drill 2 holes in atleast 3 of the legs and screw it down with small angle brackets(piece of mind). Those bungee's have a way of rotting and breaking over time. I would still keep the bungee as well though.... I really think you have done an outstanding job on your build so far. Looking forward to the finished product.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:applause:

I appreciate the kind words!

You are right, the bungee was intended to help keep the petcool from
dancing. Great idea on the angle brackets for the legs. I'll be installing those!

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

UPDATE - I went ahead and put one bracket in, I think it will really help keep the petcool secure. I'[ll do the others tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

Earl,

The aluminum looks great - love the color too (even with the plastic in place)! You did a fantastic job getting it in place.

Did you cut the door opening before or after it was in place? I cut mine before, and it was pretty squirrelly trying to get the aluminum in place without creasing.

Your PetCool setup is really nice. I think you'll be happy you secured it as you did.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Loader » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks Tom. I cut the door out on the bench, then installed. After installed I ran the trim bit over it. You're right, had to use a lot of care when moving it.

The sides went fine, it was the top that I had to fight to get in place.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Nice tear Earl

Postby Guy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Dear Earl and Kerry,

You are really going to like this tear. You guys are doing a great job.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby eezerz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 am

Holy COW Batman! You are quick. Yup that's perfect and they will hold it secure for sure now. 3 legs out of 4 should do it, as I'm sure one leg looks a little difficult to get to. I feel proud that a played a very small part in your build. KEEP UP THE "GREAT" WORK.
Cheers!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
thismobilehouse.blogspot.com
eezerz
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals