Chorizon's Hill-Country Hauler PIC UPDATE 04/27/2011

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby chorizon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 pm

I've been derelict in my duty of keeping up the the trailer build!

Thanks ajaversa I just noticed that "lagrima para dos" is similar to my trailer the "trailer for two"...ja ja!

I really like your blog, keep the pics coming!

Gracias, ajaversa. Noticie que el nombre de tu trailer es similar al nombre de diseno de mi trailer, el "trailer for two"...ha ha!

Me gusta leer a tu blog. Continue de tomar fotos!

Thomas its been a while, I've really enjoyed watching your build and hope to see it this year.
Looks like I better do it soon as it sounds like you may be "trading-up" soon... as if that's possible! :lol:

The Hill Country Hauler was campable June of 2010. Here are a couple of pics so far.

Its kind of a secret, but we have a BIG trip planned this summer!

Nearby in the Texas hillcountry

Still a work in progress but its camp-able!
Haas digs how we've streamlined our camping experience. Here you can see our Life Support aka A/C, our portable frig, and our "WC" as well!
Ready for the next trip! The family dodge kinda dwarfs the 'Hauler, but the next project will be to get the Saturn tow-worthy!
Last edited by chorizon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Well that is the turn out I hoped to see!!! Glad you are camping! Keep your eyes on the South Central section of the forum, I know we'd all enjoy hanging out at a gathering! I hope to see you at a surprise visit sometime!

yes, I hope I don't upgrade just yet, but we'll see how the cards play out!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 am

Joshua,

I'm with Thomas - your teardrop looks great! Hope our paths cross at a South Central event. (We've only been to one in our teardrop, but hope to change that this fall.)

BTW, I love those camping pictures. I'm not familiar with the Hill Country portion of the great state. Could you say what park y'all where camping at?

Also - I noticed you moved your A/C from being mounted in the front of teardrop to being freestanding. Can you say why?

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby chorizon » Sun May 01, 2011 3:19 pm

I hope to be able to come to a gathering this year, we'd really like to see everyone!

Tom, most of those pics were taken around Lake Travis, Junction TX, and the greenest pics were taken around Lost Maples SNA. If you go to Lost Maples you should also visit Garner State Park. During the summer-time swimming in the Frio River really hits the spot!

We just got back from camping in Junction at Morgan Shady Park. Its a nice place on "Lake Junction". Plenty of nice scenery. We swam quite a bit yesterday, it got up to 100 degrees! We came back today and ran into a cool front that dropped the temps down to 55 on the way home!

If you don't like the weather in Texas just wait 5 minutes!

Unless its May, then you must wait 5 months until it gets back below 95 degrees. :lol:
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby chorizon » Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Tom, when the A/C was mounted in the front it was very noisy when the compressor would turn on.

Its a little bit of a pain, but putting the A/C underneath the trailer when we set up camp isn't really too bad. It takes two minutes to hook up.

A definite plus is it is absolutely quiet inside the TD now. All we hear from it is the sound of the air coming in through the vent.
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun May 01, 2011 4:00 pm

chorizon wrote:I hope to be able to come to a gathering this year, we'd really like to see everyone!

Tom, most of those pics were taken around Lake Travis, Junction TX, and the greenest pics were taken around Lost Maples SNA. If you go to Lost Maples you should also visit Garner State Park. During the summer-time swimming in the Frio River really hits the spot!

We just got back from camping in Junction at Morgan Shady Park. Its a nice place on "Lake Junction". Plenty of nice scenery. We swam quite a bit yesterday, it got up to 100 degrees! We came back today and ran into a cool front that dropped the temps down to 55 on the way home!

If you don't like the weather in Texas just wait 5 minutes!

Unless its May, then you must wait 5 months until it gets back below 95 degrees. :lol:
I have been to Lost maples and Garner State Park. They are beautiful both of them. Very different from each other. Also you forgot to mention Enchanted Rock. I lived in San Antonio for 5 years. I miss it.

You did a great job on your trailer. Looks beautiful. Way to go.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby honeask » Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Joshua, I bet your trailer is a big hit at Garner. We can't wait to take ours there when we get it. We will be there on 4th of July but we will be cabin bound, just down the road a bit. We will be expecting to get ours around Labor Day, just in time for the Louisiana trip on Halloween weekend.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals