CaseyKraft 2 -- updated 11-5-2011

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby 2bits » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Yup, I can empathize lately. I got the same thing going on and I love it. Nothing wrong with it! :P
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Here is a photo from LCG6 with my new umbrella holder. It gives my some cover getting in and out of the TD.

It is a piece of PVC pipe with three holes drilled in it on one side, allowing me to poke a screwdriver through to screw the pipe to the side of the TD. I painted it black to match the trailer frame. I got the umbrella from IKEA, but any umbrella will work.

I use a bungie cord to hold it down on a breezy day.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:14 pm

CD -

I like the umbrella mount/stand. I bet it came in handy during the rain on Thursday at LCG. That umbrella is the perfect size and height.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby donfordguy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 am

caseydog wrote:
planovet wrote:
caseydog wrote:I mainly need help skinning the roof and hatch. I may need an extra set of hands to line up and mount the hatch, too.

Just let me know. I'm usually busy on Saturdays but my Sundays are pretty open. Just let me know.

(See, dogs and cats CAN get along :lol: )

Just don't bring any of your cats when you come over to help. I am pretty well trained, but I can't be held responsible for my actions in the presence of a cat. Instincts are hard to train out of a dog. ;)

CD

hey i was wondering where you order the doors
donfordguy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: CaseyKraft 2 -- updated 11-5-2011

Postby Heifer Boy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 am

Hey Dog,

I know this is a long time since your last post so I hope you are still around to reply. I love the build and the story that came along with it. It was one of the best I've read. Very funny stuff :thumbsup:

What I particularily liked was the simplicity of your build. Basic 8x4x4 with 3 sheets of ply and a few other bits of wood without looking like it came out of a dumpster. It proves that a nice design and a good eye goes a long way. Brilliant. But I do have a few questions for you.

How do you get on with out any insulation? Do the walls heat up and radiate that heat at night? Is your roof really only a couple of mm thick? I see you have ac but do you HAVE to use it or is it just nice to?

I'm asking this stuff because I live in an oven like you over summer here in Oz. It hit 46.8 deg C (116 deg f) the other day and it was like the whole country was on fire. I'm not going camping in that kind of heat but it would be nice to be comfortable when I do :)
Heifer Boy
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals