Re: The Pup's Penthouse - 7/17/12 - Flooring

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Pup's Penthouse - 7/10/12 - Electrical

Postby synaps3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:40 pm

We've been calling it "bamboo green." It's not pukey, it's like the color of live bamboo. It goes really well with the bamboo countertops. :lol:

I need to get a halfway decent camera in there, you can't tell any details in any of my recent posts, and the colors are off. Someone should fire the photographer. :R
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Your trailer is really nice. Your doing a fine job. :applause: I like the layout...reminds me of my trailer, were mine a standy.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:16 am

Very nice Dave! The use of the bamboo flooring for the countertop is genius!

BTW, I know what you mean about the FRP. It is nasty stuff. If/when I build #2 it will have a bathroom. I'm looking for an alternative to the FRP but haven't found any.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 am

Use high pressure laminate. You probalby can find someone in your area with a discounted stockpile of older laminat that is new but out of date. I found some for 20 dollars a sheet for 4x8 Laminate can be glues very nicely as in a countertop with contact cement. I did my walls and ceiling in it and it looks very nice. Wide range of collor and pattern choices too.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby synaps3 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 pm

All the wiring got done by Friday as I had hoped to complete. The only two things left to do are hook up the hot water heater and hook up the undercamper lighting. I'll get to the former when I get to the plumbing, and the latter hopefully before we leave for vacation in t-minus 11 days. :shock:

I had my batchelor's party Saturday, that was fun. Lots of beer. I regret nothing, though my liver begs to differ. :beer:

Sunday I recovered, but did get a bit of progress. I went ahead and put in the flooring Sunday and finished Monday night:

I've realized all my image quality is really poor because I work at night, after work... Or in the evening, after recovering from the night before. :roll: Since I have to go to the 9-5 grind, I'm stuck with crappy pictures for now. I did manage to get some pictures in the daytime today though.

I figured I should finally finish the edges of the countertops (the tongues and grooves were exposed, and the pieces weren't all perfect), so I cut them evenly, and started rounding off the edges with my router.

I set up a fence to help stability, to make sure my routing is more consistent. I'll have to sand it all down and smooth anyways, but less sanding is always better. :thumbsup:

My tool of choice is my trusty router, the same one I used earlier in the build with a flush trim bit. Now I'm using it with a rounded-off edge bit.

Next edge:

Nice and smoooooth:

And do the other countertop:

Close-up. Good quality, lotsa sawdust. :thumbsup:

Next, time to sand. I'm using my trusty random orbital sander, my well-used weapon of choice. :twisted:

Phew, I needed rougher sandpaper. This is a battery in. I'll have to finish the countertops tomorrow, my hands are too shaky to finish this.

I spent the rest of my evening putting toe trim on the floors, to make the edges finished. It turned out okay, I'll have to touch up some spots with paint.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish sanding countertops and then varnish them. I might do plumbing too if I feel ambitious, but I doubt I'll get that far. :lol:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby pappaw » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am

wow, what a great camper :thumbsup:

Cheers :beer:
Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Postby Gunguy05 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Just ran across your post. Any updates? Did you get it finished yet? I saw how/where you started, I recognize the area... MAN, that's dedication to build it on the parking deck.

Esp for someone who went to GT 8)

Let us know how it's going. Looking good as of your last post!
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby Nate.petty » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 am

This is nice. I want to keep an eye on this build.
Nate.petty
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Build Journals