"Silver Nugget" Teardrop Trailer

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

synaps3

Postby down under tech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 am

High Dave: I have the pics shrunk down to 600 x 450 and I will load them tomorrow. That way everyone can just check my album.

Thanks,
Last edited by down under tech on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Re: Yes, Ebay & Yes

Postby synaps3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 pm

down under tech wrote:does that answer your questions ???

Definitely. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I like your mounting solution for the tongue. It looks like it will hold up a bit better than mine (I just drilled straight through vertically, and bolted a single bolt per crossmember).

I've been looking for wheels, but haven't found any that I wouldn't have to replace the axle for. :( Looks like I'll have to stick with what I've got for now.

PS -- I edited out the post with me telling you how to upload the pics. It won't let me delete it. :lol:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

All pics added to my album, now.

Postby down under tech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 pm

I got all of my build pics I have so far posted to my album today. Go to my album and check them in ascending order for the beginning of the build until now. 4 pages of pics. I will add more info to them asap. Thanks,
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Frame upgrade

Postby down under tech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:42 pm

HI: I am going to paint my frame silver to help it blend into the rest of the TD since the HF red is dying. The color is fading out to pink.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Picture Update

Postby down under tech » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi everyone: I went through my pictures and added comments to each one. This way you can follow along as my "Silver Nugget" Cubby TD comes along as I build it. I started building it in October but I didn't find this forum until January. I took pics of what I did up until now. Check my album. I am not able to work on it this week-end. No funds available. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Take care,
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 am

you album looks great Johnny, it's clear as a bell reading through it now :thumbsup:

Look forward to your progress as it happens. Things are that way on teardrop time. We'll wait 8)
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Johnny, it is so cool to see your build in progress. I'd love to meet up and chat about construction techniques. Thanks for posting such nice clear images.

Cheers, Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Harbor Freight Trailer with Bent Axle ???

Postby down under tech » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Dave: Did you guys get any snow? I got 16" over night. I was looking at your album & saw your $50 trailer. Is that the one that was posted on craigslist a couple of week ago? It had a bent axle. If that is the same one, I will sell the one off of mine because I went with a wider one for the larger wheels & tires I put on mine. Mine has 10 miles on it. From my house to DMV & back home. I was just curious if that was the same one on CL. I was going to look at it, but no CASH. Thanks,
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Yep, we got about 16+" too; nice little warm February storm. It's been melting off the roads all day so we shouldn't have too much problem for tomorrow's commute.

Album...? We haven't built our trailer frame yet. I've got to finish the specs so my buddy can fabricate it for us. Doug Hodder has graciously pointed me in the right direction to get it started soon.

Cheers, Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Wrong Person's album

Postby down under tech » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Hello Dave: I guess I was looking at High Dessert Shaun's album. Sorry I guess I will have to ask him about that trailer.
I shoveled out a place to the road. I need to leave to work at 5:30 AM. Good thing I had today to do this. Any who, have fun digging out.
Last edited by down under tech on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

hey, Happy Birthday Johnny D! :thumbsup: (even if it is a day late lol)
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Thanks Shaun...

Postby down under tech » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks for the BD wish, 2-23. Did you get that HF trailer (in your album) off of craigslist a couple of weeks ago from Sun Valley??? I saw one in there for fifty bucks that had a bent axle. Is that the one? I have the new axle from my trailer kit that I am not going to use. It has ten miles on it to DMV and back home. It is the 2000#, five lug hubs. I had to get a wider one due to the 14" wheels I put on my trailer. Maybe I can do some work on it (TD) as soon as the weather starts to cooperate. Darn Global Warming !!!
Last edited by down under tech on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

New Tools & Materials Bought

Postby down under tech » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Everyone: It has been a while since I have posted. The weather has been less than stellar for my build outside. I have been buying the parts needed in the build process over the last several months. I have added a "Lucky 13" pics to my album today. I was able to make some progress on the TD. I drilled the holes through the wooden floor and HF frame. So, it is ready to bolt down as soon as it gets nice enough outside. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a new toy. I bought a DeWalt portable 10" table saw with my income tax refund. I saw it online for $399. When I got there it was lowered to $369. I used my military discount of 10% off for a total of $357.67, out the door. I still have $100 left for ???
I need to learn how to add pics to my posts; hint, hint. :roll:

I hope all is well with you.
Thanks, Image
Last edited by down under tech on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 pm

hey Johnny, looks like you're getting well stocked with parts & other goodies. :thumbsup: Maybe we'll get some better weather soon. Hopefully....

here's a tutorial on posting pics, you're already half way there with your album;
http://www.mikenchell.com/pichelp.html

btw, yes that was the trailer from CL awhile back. Turned out to just be a bent wheel instead of the axle, so thats an easy fix. It's at least a start even if a very cheap one. Your new axle would be a nice improvement but life has once again put a kink in my meager build budget :(
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Shaun: I thought that was the one on craigslist. If I had the $$, I would of bought it. I hope to have more pics of the TD with the sides attached soon. I need to get some CPES for the walls. Is it available locally in Reno ??? I saw it online and on Ebay.

I want it NOW. Ha Ha. :D
Last edited by down under tech on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals