"Silver Nugget" Teardrop Trailer

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby DMcCam » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Boy you weren't kidding about winter coming today Johnny! I hope it's a sign of a good wet winter (we in the west need all the water we can get). I'm glad to hear you got your tear out of the weather just in time. I look forward to spring building too.

Best, Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Ditto what Dave said! :snow

PS. Please tell Terry that she did a good job of making a smiley, blue-eyed snowman but I think he could use a nose job. (TeeHee!)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 pm

It seems to have given up on the snow here, but going to be cold tonight like 17 or so. That's always fun on top of the super wet snow! I got 3 days of storms, and as many power outages... I'd be happy if you guys on that side of the hill got a good dose of it, you really need it. I'm thinking of making a hanger for a 220 with a shield to use as a headlight on a snowblower. Gotta go blow the sisters driveway tomorrow night....It's like 400' of hell! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby nevadatear » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 am

Hey Johnny, we definitely need to do the northern NV get together this spring, we really want to see that fine looking tear! Sharon, I used to think I was a pretty good nurse, I was actually the safety director at school for 10 years, then after giving up that duty, I go and cut off my thumb! I may have to reconsider my qualifications! Oh, well, I am on the national board of directors for school nurses, so I hope I didn't cut off all my brains. I'm an EMS nurse as well and spent a lot of time in the ER and on ambulances, so Johnny and I at the very least, and restrain you to a gurney, and start an IV should anyone become too rambunctious at a gathering! :twisted: :shock: :tipsy: :rofl: Oh, and I got my stitches out today! Maybe only 3-4 months and the pain will go away! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Debbie
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby H-Balm » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 am

HA!

I just scanned your post for 3 pages, looking to find the details about the "Stop Work Order". I was waiting to find out about some crotchety board member, throwing a roadblock on your great tear!

Glad I found something different!
H-Balm
Teardrop Master

Postby down under tech » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:20 pm

H-Balm: Thanks for stopping in. How did you like how I sucked you in? I knew that heading would have people checking in even though I am forced to stop building my teardrop outside. Any one that has ever built a garage or added on a room to your home, knows that a stop work order is a major pain in the brain. Most of you know I have been building my teardrop and I do not have the use of a garage to build in. That would explain the "Stop Work Order" notice I received from the weather man for the winter season. :snowstorm:

The Silver Nugget is now in hibernation in a storage unit I have. I am still able to do some of the work here at home. I will make the cabinet doors as the weather permits. I am using red oak and with the Kreg jig to assemble them. I will post that as I can so you can keep up with my build.

Terry and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :eyebrows:

Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby grizz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Taking a break can be really good.

I took a 4 month break in my build, and then spent 5 weeks going hell for leather and finishing 24 hours after my planned completion date.

Have a wonderfull Christmas together.

We had a load of snow today, but I hope to get out to the hardware store in the morning to get another 2.5l of custome mixed paint for the new summer lounge I am painting..... ran out of paint for the 2nd coat today.

PS: This was early this year, that along with a nasty chest infection that would not lift made the finishing all the better.

My next build will hopefully benefit from a garage or carport at least.

Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby YuGun » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Wow Ä°t is beautiful,
A lot of snow, A lot of white.
Merry Cristmas for you and Happy New Year to all of the world,
Without of any war and blood i expect.
Ä° wish everything is white and clean as that snow, Ä°n the world.

:) :) :)
YuGun
The 300 Club

Update 02-06-2011

Postby down under tech » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 am

Hey Folks: I drug the "Silver Nugget' out of the storage unit last week end. I got the fenders mocked up and I installed the tee nuts in the sides of it and the mounting holes are drilled. They are painted now. I used rubberized undercoating on the skirts and the inside of them and rocker panel coating on the tops of the fenders and I painted the fenders silver. It looks like a very rough texture. I was hoping for a smoother finish but it looks good and it looks like they are finished in little silver nuggets. No pun intended...

I worked on the stereo that goes into the front overhead cabinet today. The stereo is permanently mounted in that panel now. It turned out very nice, I think.

I will try to have an update later this week.

I also worked on the "Road Towed" Sunday but no update on it yet. I was covering and insulating the bulkheads and I covered some of the shelves. I will take pictures of that when I get them installed.

Sorry to keep you waiting. :roll:
Last edited by down under tech on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 am

Boy Johnny, you are doing such a great job on your Silver Nugget. If the weather holds you'll be camping first of spring! Considering you're only a few miles away, we really need to get together.

All the best,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby grizz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Johnny, every time I look at your work and build, I am impressed with your fit and finish.

Well done, again.
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dusty82 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Great to see someone taking advantage of the "decent" weather we've been having here lately. Personally, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Looking good!
TV: 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport

Currently stuck in a tent.
Dusty82
The 300 Club

Update 2-9-2011

Postby down under tech » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 pm

I was able to mount the fenders today and that way, I could get the right length bolts to go into the sides of the TD. I needed to install them so I knew which bolts to use so they will not go through the tee nuts and intrude into the cabin area and poke through the inside wall panels.

I got the cabin cabinet shelves covered with 1/8" melamine. I used PL Premium construction adhesive and I put brads in every 3 or 4 inches. They are very solid now.
Hopefully tomorrow, I will get the shelves installed inside.:thinking:

Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Update 2-11-2011

Postby down under tech » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Hurray !!! The inner walls are installed permanently now. I glued them in with, you guess it, PL Premium construction adhesive and my brad nailer.

I like the way it is starting to turn out. It is showing some character now.

Next is the ceiling plywood. I'm not sure if I will use 1/8" luan or 1/8" (melamine) brown press board. If any of you have an idea which will be easier to work with please let me know what would work the best.

Thanks... :beautiful:
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 pm

The Walls are UP! Yay!!!! That's a milestone. I'm guessing that rain/snow will return to your area in about a week and you'll have to put your new babies back to "bed" for a while.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals