Wanderlust Build Thread - Updates after two years!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby parnold » Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

They loved it Sharon, my mother even sat inside it, although she was not able to swing her feet inside to lay down, she's had both hips replaced.

It was my parents who gave me my love of camping, I've been to 45 states camping with them as a child and young adult. I am so blessed to have both of them still here, and pretty darn healthy.
parnold
Donating Member

Thanks for the information

Postby Clifford Loose » Sun May 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Paul, thanks for answering my questions. I am glad you had a good time on your first trip. You are blessed at having two wonderfull parents that took you camping all over the country; having been to 45 states is amazing.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Congrats on the "preliminary" camp-out! Trailer looks great! Hope to run into you at a gather sometime to see it in person!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Clifford Loose wrote:Very nice job on your tear (and, by the way, your parents house is also very nice!).

I agree to both. Congrats on your TD, Paul. It really looks nice.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby ieheg2 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi Paul ...
What is the weight of your trailer (in kilograms)?
:thinking:
Treat people the way you want, that would treat you.
ieheg2
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Tue May 04, 2010 3:49 pm

I will weight it tonight!!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Paul ...

I was not able to weigh it.

My best guess is 350-400 kilos. (800-900lbs)
parnold
Donating Member

Postby ieheg2 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm

parnold wrote:
Hi Paul ...

I was not able to weigh it.

My best guess is 350-400 kilos. (800-900lbs)

Paul thank you very much. I ask because the theoretical calculation of the weight of my trailer is 400 kg without equipment. I could be wrong. I've seen (photo) as you build your own. Excellent! You're a real master! I copied the photos of construction in my collection. Do you mind?
:thumbsup:
Sergey.
Treat people the way you want, that would treat you.
ieheg2
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Paul thank you very much. I ask because the theoretical calculation of the weight of my trailer is 400 kg without equipment. I could be wrong. I've seen (photo) as you build your own. Excellent! You're a real master! I copied the photos of construction in my collection. Do you mind?

I don't mind at all Sergey. Thank you for the compliments.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

I've been working on the galley area the last few evenings. Covered the plywood with some nicer 1/4 ply. I have two coats of spar urethane down so far. One more coat and a little trim work and I'll be done.

I put some upholstery material at the back of the cut out areas since that was really ugly plywood. It may help to cushion some of the stuff I store there too.

I mounted a table bracket, and fashioned a little table to hang off the back of the trailer. I need to dress it up obviously.

If the weather holds, I will be camping this weekend instead of just sleeping in the trailer.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Rlowell » Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause: Looks great there , Paul!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

Paul,

The table looks like a great addition. I wanting to do something similar, and have the wall bracket, but can't decide what type of leg to use. What table leg did you use?

BTW, I am blown away by your exterior finish. I may try something like that on #2 (if #1 ever gets finished.)
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby parnold » Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 am

What table leg did you use?

I'll have to look at my receipts tonight for the name of the place I got the leg from, but I bought the leg and the hinge for 20.00.

Like a dope, I mounted the hinge onto the trailer before checking the leg length, and it's actually 2" higher than the leg will extend. The lower leg has a button, and the top part has several holes for adjusting the lenght. I have to have the lower part of the leg all the way down, so if you pick up on the table, the lower part of the leg will fall out.
:cry:
I'm going to make a little extension to put on the bottom of the leg just for convenience sake.. it's really no big deal.

Just saying this so maybe someone will learn from my mistake.. ummm.. design change.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby grizz » Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 am

parnold wrote:
What table leg did you use?

I'll have to look at my receipts tonight for the name of the place I got the leg from, but I bought the leg and the hinge for 20.00.

Like a dope, I mounted the hinge onto the trailer before checking the leg length, and it's actually 2" higher than the leg will extend. The lower leg has a button, and the top part has several holes for adjusting the lenght. I have to have the lower part of the leg all the way down, so if you pick up on the table, the lower part of the leg will fall out.
:cry:
I'm going to make a little extension to put on the bottom of the leg just for convenience sake.. it's really no big deal.

Just saying this so maybe someone will learn from my mistake.. ummm.. design change.

Small "pyramid" with the top cut off.

You can always tell people it was planned that way for camping areas where the ground is not so level. Compensates for the gradient 8)
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby parnold » Sat May 08, 2010 12:07 pm

You can always tell people it was planned that way for camping areas where the ground is not so level. Compensates for the gradient

Yeah, yeah.. I like that.. I meant to do it!
parnold
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals