A Minnesota Build - The Lily Pad

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: A Minnesota Build - The Lily Pad

Postby mcspin50 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Finally put together a solution for the propane line feeding from the back of my Camp Chef oven. Previously, I would have to feed the hose from the back of the oven around to the front, then feed it around the galley opening to attach to the tank...no big deal except I would have to detach the hose from the tank every night so I could close the hatch to secure the galley from nocturnal critter invasion.
Here's what I did...
Bolstered my courage with a strong beer :beer: , borrowed a 2-1/8" hole saw from my neighbor because I couldn't find my 2" hole saw :x , measured once and then once again, then drilled the hole. (Note to self: next time drill a small pilot hole first to make sure I have the right location.) Sealed the raw edges with Helmsman Spar Urethane, and sealed the edge of the plug as well (I use the plug and a scrap of cheapo shelf liner to secure the hole when the teardrop is stored).
Next, I attached a rubber boot (that I found in the myriad of parts I bought for the build but hadn't used) to the underside using butyl tape and stainless steel screws.
Fed the 5' hose that's always attached to the back of the stove/oven through the exit portal.
Now I can attach the hose to the 5# tank, leave it attached the whole time I'm camping AND have the galley secured at night. :goodnight:
A friend is making a simple holder for the tongue where I can store, transport and easily remove the 5# cylinder for camping. :thumbsup:
Last edited by mcspin50 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lil M.
In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir
Generic Benroy Build Journal here - My LilScamper Update Journal here
The Lily Pad...Image My LilScamper...Image Image
mcspin50
Gold Donating Member

Re: A Minnesota Build - The Lily Pad

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 pm

:thumbsup: You got the job done and will enjoy a little more convenience. Good for you! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals