Building the Boogiemobile

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Building the Boogiemobile

Postby scroadload » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 am

:D Hi let me introduce myself, I'm John V. and I'm a skydiver who like's going to "boogies" (skydiving parties) hence the name "Boogiemobile" these boogies are held at Drop Zone's nationwide. Normally I stay at hotels but I always missed the after dark parties around the bondfire. so I wanted an easy to tow camper and a teardrop would be perfect!
I have combed these forums for a wealth of information and so I thought it only fair that I share my build with you. My build is going use a lightweight unibody construction, no traditional frame and is modeled after Zyamfier's Dragon Wagon. An 8X5 all aluminum exterior, mini kitchen and multi surface interior.
Last edited by scroadload on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
scroadload
Teardrop Inspector

Cutting up the plywood

Postby scroadload » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 am

I am using MDO plywood for the floor and walls, I could not find (nearby) anything other than 4x8 so thats what I used.

scroadload
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pete42 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:30 am

Good start.
I use to haul skydivers out of waynesville ohio we used a cessna 182 and a turbo who's name escapes me at the moment.

watched too many roman candles so I gave it up and only flew for my pleasure, hauling skydivers up and down all day wasn't fun anymore.

I too did enjoy the boogies hard to believe it has been 40+ years ago when I started.

keep building and post pictures.

ol'pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby starleen2 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 am

Welcome John! You're build is just started and you'll surely have more questions - just be sure to share da picts :pictures: with us
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Side wall work

Postby scroadload » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:06 pm

This is part of today's work, the top image is a pattern bit in router motor, the next is using the pattern bit to clone the first, last is of the two completed sides.

scroadload
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Zyamfier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm

I love it when I am an inspiration. :) Good luck with the build.
Jim
Jim Petersen
"The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome."
Zyamfier
Teardrop Master

Return to Build Journals