Loader's Blue Yonder- 2 Nov- First Outing Pic; LCG VI

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Loader wrote:
CliffinGA wrote:Earl are those the regular trailers wheels that you just put the caps on? I was looking on Hubcap Mikes site and didn't see any but the full smoothie caps that might work on the regular trailer wheels.

Cliff

Cliff, yep, they sure are the regular ol trailer wheels.

I did order the 15" Smoothie Hubcaps (item number bhc-01-15).

Thanks for the kind words Woodbutcher! I still need to get the hatch finished up (supports and latched)

I had the same hubcaps from Hubcap Mike on my LittleGuy.

Cliff, they work fine on ordinary trailer wheels.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Very cool!!! I like the theme, complete with the matching curtains. And, that artwork Kerry did is just superb! Congrats on a job well done, can't wait to see it and meet you guys this weekend.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby LDK » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey Earl

Did you have to use hubcap clip for your hubcaps? I ordered some 9 1/8" baby moons on ebay but I'll have to install clips in order to make it work.
I hope you all have a good time at LCG. I wish I could go. I would like to meet up with all you big wigs from T&TTT. Maybe next year. :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 pm

LDK wrote:Hey Earl

Did you have to use hubcap clip for your hubcaps? I ordered some 9 1/8" baby moons on ebay but I'll have to install clips in order to make it work.
I hope you all have a good time at LCG. I wish I could go. I would like to meet up with all you big wigs from T&TTT. Maybe next year. :thumbsup:

Big wigs? What big wigs? We are all a group of folks with common interests. There will be other chances to meet up with SCT, just keep your eye on the soon to be published 2012 calendar CaseyDog will be putting out.

As far as clips, nope, none required, the hubcaps from hubcap mikes just fit right on. The caps have fingers/flanges to grab the wheel.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Loader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, as many of you know, we made the scheduled first outing to LCG, here's a pic of our setup. The Blue Yonder performed very well, a few minor adjustments and a little more finish work to do and she will be completed. (as if they ever are :lol: )

Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 pm

A really nice build! Congratulations on not only making the first trip with Blue Yonder but also on winning the "Best of Show" mug! Well done! :applause:
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Loader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

StPatrón wrote:A really nice build! Congratulations on not only making the first trip with Blue Yonder but also on winning the "Best of Show" mug! Well done! :applause:

Thanks Gary, really appreciate the kind words. Was nice to get the Yonder out on the road. The Teardroppers choice was a great surprise, I appreciate people selecting it.

Look forward to seeing you down the road. Wold also like to hear you play one of those cigar box guitars you make.

Thanks again.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pete42 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Wow first trip and a winner too!
Must have made you feel very proud, congrats.... :applause:

it has been 50+ years since I made my first solo flight I remember it like it was yesterday you'll never forget your first.

again congrats you both must be very happy.

so when are you starting on your second one? :lol:

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby aggie79 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:57 am

StPatrón wrote:A really nice build! Congratulations on not only making the first trip with Blue Yonder but also on winning the "Best of Show" mug! Well done! :applause:

Earl,

+1 on what Gary said. The Blue Yonder was incredible - well deserved award!

With all that was going on, we didn't get much time to speak with you and Kerry. I hope our paths cross in the future.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals