Ok finally got some stuff done so I can update w/pics. After getting the trailer home I had to wait a week to start demo on it. I started by taking off some of the piieces on the sides to protect the wiring on the landscape trailer, front edge piece, fenders, tail gate and tail gate side locks and installed a jack on the tongue:
Then went and picked up my materials and dropped in my messy garage:
Then I things got busy with work and wasn't able to work on it much until today i took off so I could be here along with DW while we were getting a new HVAC system installed. I had talked to my neighbor and he said if I would bring the trailer down sometime he would weld the diagonals and extra support on his down time at work. So when the Hvac guys left to get some parts I loaded up the trailer and drove it the 15 miles to his work. I dropped it off and went and picked up a 20ft piece of angle 2" x 3/16" thick. I thought he would take his time and drop it off this weekend but to my surprise received a call from him and he was nearly to my house with the trailer!!
Here's the pics:
New Jack and diagonal support
Extra supports to stiffen frame, had way to much flex
better pic of the front diagonal, second cross member and extra diagonal back to 3rd crossmember
and another pic of the jack and new diagonals to the tongue
Now this weekend I will finish my floor even though I did find the trailer is not square, its 65 1/2" across the front and back sections and 65 1/4 to 3/8" in the center section. I plan on using a hydralic jack and a 2x4 to stretch it some in the center this saturday.