"Red Woof Inn" 10-16 update Hubcaps!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby down under tech » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Cliff: Those cabinets are looking fine. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and soon it will be done.

:o
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Helo all didn't have to much of a chance to do anything this weekend as Friday night we were at Gwinnett County's Relay for Life with the DoDropIn, my lil tear. It was used as a prop for my wife's school's relay group and the fact I wasn't sleeping on the ground again :lol:!!

It was made up as a big bike and I had more people stop to look at it than they had to stop by their booth :oops:

Well rested all day Saturday and then this morning sanded down a bunch of sample doors in different finishes and poly'd them down and sanded them and poly'd again and again and then installed to the upper cabinets.

Well hopefully can do a lil bit more this week, goin to try and get a couple of more doors for the inside cabinets, install the spars, make the inside ceiling panel and install the electrical run. Well thats all for now have a blessed week all.

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Cliff

Did you build the DoDropIn? Thats neat that you used it as a prop plus you slept in it too. Pretty slick lookin. BTW your build is lookin good. :applause:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sun May 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Nope Larry I found that on CL for all of $600 and then Sheri and I fixed it up by putting 14" tires, new fenders, painting inside and out, putting linoleum down and adding led lights to inside. When I'm done with the new build this winter I will be tearing the DoDrop down and building a cubby to use out of town for work at Ft Benning. They have a real nice campground and as it will just be me, I won't need all the stuff in the new build. I will make the lil one into a lil guy type with space in back to load the mattress and gear thru and simple cabinets there and just a shelf inside for a tv, fan and a built in a/c. It should be easier than this build as the trailer is built like a HF trailer but is custom.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Loader » Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

Cabinets doors looking good Cliff!

The doDrop transformed really well into a bike!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Deryk the Pirate » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 am

Lookin Good!
Build Thread lil vardo 1: http://tinyurl.com/baqe6py
Build Thread lil vardo 2: http://tinyurl.com/b3rwffm
Deryk the Pirate
500 Club

Postby SonofT@B » Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 am

How's it going Cliff?
Mike and Jackie in Atlanta
T@Bitha (2004 T@B)
Ford Ranger XLT 2003
SonofT@B
Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Fri May 27, 2011 11:56 am

Hey Mike just moving along. I have installed the spars, headliner (which was short), and not will be working on the rear hatch. Haven't been home much with being out of town working 5 days now. Also ordering parts as I go, just got my windows in this week and now going to order my hinges today.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey Cliff

Just wondering how your hatch is coming along. I haven't done much work on the critter lately. I've been too busy workin and playing with my grandson. I guess the critter is on the back burner for a little bit. :lol:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 pm

I don't blame you Larry :lol:. I would stop for a bit to play with that cute lil one too. Haven't been able to Di much more than what I tried :lol:! I will be busy working to move our company office. Hopefully I can try to do something on Monday.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Ok all just a lil update and no pics! I have received my windows which are hehr's 15 5/8 x 23 5/8" which were ebay buys for $31 a piece and $19 shipping. I received my better than a hurricane hinge from Grant Saturday along with a set of his offset aluminum hinges for the doors. Its been so hot here that it takes away from my work time then last week we had the ACCIDENT in the garage and that put a down turn on the tear for a bit. The incident happened last Sunday as the wife and I were preparing to go for one night of camping in our pop up. My wife brought out some stuff and was heading bvack in ti the garage and kicked an off cut piece of wood from the tear she had knocked down and it rebounded off the tear tire and tripped her. As she was falling she stuck her hand out to catch herself and hit the ezup (on wheels) which rolled out from her hand and she hit the metal a/c sheeting next to it. 1 pint of blood later (all over my garage floor) and 15 stitches later I've been busy taking care of her especially as her fingers got infected. So tonight has been first chance to really work on the tear and I made and destroyed 3 hatches so far :lol: , thankfully I keep all of the big off cuts of ply to remake the hatch profiles. Well hopefully next weekend I can get a few pics and maybe finish a hatch before I get mad and destroy it lol.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Cliff

I'm sorry to hear about your wifes accident. I hope she gets better soon. As far as the heat slowing down teardrop time, I hear ya on that one. That heat can stop you in your tracks. :sweaty:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby GuyllFyre » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Whoa, the description of your wife's accident made me swoon.
That sounds just downright icky. I hope things clear up and she heals quickly, that's just unfortunate.

Let's all send positive thoughts her way, whether it prayer or power of the collective, be well.
Things I have for sale on craigslist:
http://albany.craigslist.org/search/?ar ... catAbb=sss

Things I have for sale on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/seansmith
GuyllFyre
Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks all, she called a lil while ago and said she went in today and the doc said its healing well. She will have the stitches in for an extra week but she should be fine.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Wow. it doesn't sound like it got any tendons or nerves. That would have been REAL bad. A laceration needing stitches is bad enough. I hope the wife heals well and you get on with your build soon, I've been watching from the sidelines as you've been working and it's looking good. I'm anxious to get my build started but between the winter like weather we're still having (I got about 4 to 6 inches of snow today... Yup it's June 6 and we're still getting snow) and a bathroom remodel that is taking WAY longer than I thought :x :x :x , I haven't been able to do anything but get the frame out from beside the house where it spent the winter buried under several feet of snow. Hoping the bathroom is done in two weeks and then the build is on!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the good work, you'll be done shortly! :applause: :applause:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals