Quarter Nelson "Stacker" finally finished

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Quarter Nelson "Stacker" finally finished

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm leaving the 1/2 Nelson at home and taking the "Stacker" out on it's maiden voyage, (45 minutes away,) to the Lake Perris TD gathering, Mar 24th. If I could figure out how to post pics, I would do so, but some earlier pics are in my album. This 6 year build weighs only 245 lbs, it tows effortlessly and sleeping in a 6 ft teardrop will be a first. Rain, rain, go away.
8) :thinking: :thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Wimperdink » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I've been waiting for updates on this for a couple of years now. It is one of my favorite tear shapes of all I've seen. I'll be looking fwd to pics if you manage to get them online. :)
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rbeemer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 am

Looks great Roly and great job!!!!

If you put wings on it you might be able to fly it to Lake Perris while driving :lol:

Again great job.
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm

rbeemer wrote:Looks great Roly and great job!!!!

Again great job.
Where did you see pictures of it finished Rick? :thinking: I'll be seeing it this next weekend. I'll be sure to get some pics. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Gage, I've got some 6 year old construction pics in my Album. See ya at Lake Perris.
:thumbsup: Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:38 am

:) You have the BEST of times with it, Roly. Happy Trails to you,
xoxo Joanie :clapping hands:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Quarter Nelson "Stacker" finally finished

Postby StPatron » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am

Roly Nelson wrote:If I could figure out how to post pics, I would do so, but some earlier pics are in my album.

Add pics to your album and we can take it from there and add them here, like this.

StPatron
Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am

Gage wrote:Where did you see pictures of it finished Rick? :thinking: I'll be seeing it this next weekend. I'll be sure to get some pics. ;)

I clicked on the link in Roly's message that took me to your site. I guess you were hosting some pictures for Roly.
Rick

rbeemer
500 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:16 pm

There's jus somethin bout "anticipation"...Imma wait til I see it up close and personal...

Let em sweat Roly ! It'll be all the sweeter...LOL!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

rbeemer wrote:
Gage wrote:Where did you see pictures of it finished Rick? :thinking: I'll be seeing it this next weekend. I'll be sure to get some pics. ;)

I clicked on the link in Roly's message that took me to your site. I guess you were hosting some pictures for Roly.
But those are pics of the 1/2 Nelson Woody, not the 1/4 Nelson Stacker. And yes, I built that page for him. He's good with wood but when it comes to computers, well what can I say? :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby rbeemer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am

Gage wrote:
rbeemer wrote:

But those are pics of the 1/2 Nelson Woody, not the 1/4 Nelson Stacker. And yes, I built that page for him. He's good with wood but when it comes to computers, well what can I say? :lol:

OH the shame!!!!!, I have been tricked by Roly :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will never be able to show my face at a gathering :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for setting me straight. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rick

rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Woodstramp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Here I am stretching my brain to it's boundaries trying to figure out the simple rough joinery to fab my first, simple TD and then you show what you've "just whooped up" . Feel like the Coyote when the Roadrunner kicks in the afterburner and just leaves Wiley eating dust. :o

The curved lid on the tongue box (by itself) blows my mind. Amazing work. Be proud.
Woodstramp
The 300 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

By the LOOKS of Gary's pic...IT couldn't possibly be the 1/2 Nelson...IT is waaaay too short.

By golly that IS the 1/4 Nelson...notice the FRONT is curved... the 1/2 nelson has the front BOX that takes up a lotta space on the tongue
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Sorry to burst yer bubble Gage, but the pic that Gary posted is NOT the half Nelson. It is indeed the 1/4 Nelson.

Notice the CURVED front,lack of front window,and them curves at the bottom of the F & R bottom edges of the profile...

By golly...that IS the 1/4 Nelson that Gary posted...
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm

canned o minimum wrote:Sorry to burst yer bubble Gage, but the pic that Gary posted is NOT the half Nelson. It is indeed the 1/4 Nelson.

Notice the CURVED front,lack of front window,and them curves at the bottom of the F & R bottom edges of the profile...

By golly...that IS the 1/4 Nelson that Gary posted...

:lol: The one thing I have really learned is to not debate builds with Gage. The picture Gary posted is the 1/4 Nelson and the pictures in Roly's thread, not album, are the 1/2 Nelson. If you have not seen one of Roly's builds you need to. I got to see the 1/2 Nelson and it is totally fantastic. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Next

Return to Build Journals