Whats in a name?

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby 2bits » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 am

Solo Photography? That's a good place to start. So... how about "sopho"

Whatever you name it, think about a name you would actually feel comfortable calling it. I named mine the Vagabond King for a couple of months until I realized I was never, ever going to actually call it that out loud. Mine is now the "LT". That is comfortable to say in a conversations. Plus I can get brand new stick on "LT" emblems from a car dealer hehe...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby wagondude » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 pm

A blast from the past. Remember those little kiosk Photo processors that used to be in every parking lot? Fotomat. I believe thier logo was a red fox.

Bill
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PhotoGuy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Woodstramp wrote:can i ammend my orignal....got to thinking later that if you also like cooking with cast iron you could call it 'ansel and griddle'.... :)

good one. But I like Ansel better. ;)
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby PhotoGuy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 pm

wagondude wrote:A blast from the past. Remember those little kiosk Photo processors that used to be in every parking lot? Fotomat. I believe thier logo was a red fox.

Bill

I do remember them, bu around here back in the day they where called something different. The name slips my mind right now.. But the red fox could be a good decal for it
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby PhotoGuy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 pm

2bits wrote:Solo Photography? That's a good place to start. So... how about "sopho"

Whatever you name it, think about a name you would actually feel comfortable calling it. I named mine the Vagabond King for a couple of months until I realized I was never, ever going to actually call it that out loud. Mine is now the "LT". That is comfortable to say in a conversations. Plus I can get brand new stick on "LT" emblems from a car dealer hehe...

Good Advice Thomas. I will keep that in mind when I am picking the name. I do plan to use this TD for other camping then just a home base when I am out shooting. I would like to get into some tear gatherings around the US N.E. and maybe see if I can find some around here... Or even start a local chapter. The more I talk about it the more my wife is thinking to leave the big 30'er at home from time to time and join me in the Tear on a camping trip.
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodstramp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 am

'Ansel and Griddle' is my fave. :) but thunk up another...
If it's gonna be red...(my train of thought kicks in)...red....red man....indian theme....injuns called paleface photogs 'shadowcathers'....red also absorbs a lot of light....that means heat....that means shade.....or it'll be parked under tree shadows.....thus 'shadowcatcher' again.
Woodstramp
The 300 Club

Postby wagondude » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

PhotoGuy wrote:
wagondude wrote:A blast from the past. Remember those little kiosk Photo processors that used to be in every parking lot? Fotomat. I believe thier logo was a red fox.

Bill

I do remember them, bu around here back in the day they where called something different. The name slips my mind right now.. But the red fox could be a good decal for it

I got two confused. fotomat was a Kodak processor. The one with the fox logo was Fox Photo.

Woodstramp: Shadow Catcher... I like that one. :thumbsup:

Bill
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PhotoGuy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Just got home from a last min working day trip. It's almost midnight so I will pick the name I like the best and let you all know tomorrow night. Thanks for all the tips, I liked them all in one way or another. But 3 names really stood out to me... So I'm going to sleep on it and think a bit tomorrow.

You guys rock :thumbsup:
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby PhotoGuy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Sorry guys, I have not had a lot of time to pick a name yet. I will pick one by Friday and let you all know. Things have been really busy around the office this week.
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby PhotoGuy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 pm

sorry for the delay everyone. I just got back from another short trip and been in the office working for the last couple of days.

We have just picked the name for the tear.. My wife, girls and I have spent the last hour going over each and every post. talking about every name that was given..

And the winner or the 11x14 print is Alfred. We chose Shutter-Tear. I will be Sending Alfred a PM to get his mailing address and see what one of my images he would like..

thanks again everyone. :thumbsup:
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 am

Or Shadow Catcher. Edward Curtis was a turn of the century photographer documenting first nations people who called photographers shadow catchers (or stealer). Check http://curtis.library.northwestern.ed this is a great collection of his photographs documenting his effort to preserve the cultures.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals