Update..Most all of this was done just before the September Crawford lake gathering 2012, I just getting
around to posting it and starting the other door.
The old door were cut out with a jigsaw and was uneven. The sides were not parallel to each other. Same with
top and bottom. I made a jig to sit inside the TD on the floor and use the floor as a flat reference so I could mark
a new top edge on some tape. Later I used a router and straight edge to smooth that out. With a new top edge I
used a carpenter's square to mark out two new parallel side edges. Again I clamped on a straight edge and a router
to cut then. The bottom was extremely bad. I have to add extra wood and fill in gaps before routing it parallel to
In this picture you can see the newly cut opening. You can see 4 holes on the left side where barrels nuts will be
placed to hold the door hinge. This again might be overkill but if I need to take off the door for maintenance I can
with out striping the screw holes in the wood.
Here you can see the top barrel nut in place, a jig I made to center and drill the attachment screws holes, and the
screw in place.
The B nuts stuck out a bit so the outside trim has a recess to allow for this. Another hole is drilled in the trim to allow
the hinge attachment bolt to line up.