Regal Eagle Done! Video Tour 6/29/15

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Regal Eagle Done! Video Tour 6/29/15

Postby Sheddie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:46 am

Well done Brian :applause: Nice unit. Happy Camping :thumbsup:
Sheddie
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gunguy05 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 am

A few more things just to tidy up the end of my build. Haven't posted in a while, and A LOT has happened since then.

Got the 1/8 luan installed on the bottom side of the hatch. With lights.

Also, we finally have the 2 bunks installed permanently. 2 pieces of foam from Joann fabrics for the mattresses, a closet road so the top kid doesn't fall off, and some twin sheet (for now) wrapped around the foam to act as a bottom sheet.

Jumping around here a bit, but after a couple short camping trip, it was decided that we really needed a side table. So, I made one out 1/2 birch I had laying around, 1/2 and 3/4 conduit, and spring clamps to hold the leg wihle traveling. OH..and a box coduit inlet (not sure of the proper electrical name) to screw the leg into.I had a long enought piece of table bracket that I was able to make a side and an end bracket for the table. The mating pieces are mounted on the side (preferred) or the back over the left lower cabinet (if it's raining). The side is preferred so I don't have to take the table down to close the hatch at night.

A bit of team spirit I acquired. Works nicely to hold my propane while cooking.

Paper towels were getting in the way

That's mostly it for now. We took a 16 day trip out to Kansas, circled back round through St Louis and came home.. BUT That's another post of photos entirely. I will update later.
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 am

Brian:

I'n searching for a word, the one that comes to mind is heirloom. This remarkable piece goes in your will. Great job!. :thumbsup:

I wonder how many nights you laid awake, thinking this thing through?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gunguy05 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm

tony.latham wrote:Brian:

I'n searching for a word, the one that comes to mind is heirloom. This remarkable piece goes in your will. Great job!. :thumbsup:

I wonder how many nights you laid awake, thinking this thing through?

Tony

Somehow I just saw this post Tony... Thank you for the kind words. I'm already semi-planning another one, although this one is the "keeper". :shock: :D :D

As far as lying awake thinking about it.... MANY, MANY nights. Honestly 3-4 nights a week for over a year. It has all been worth it. Problem is, I'm a tinkerer by nature (it drives my wife crazy)... so my wheels are always turning.

Thanks again,
Brian
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:50 pm

It's like a fine hammer-forged barrel... :shock: Smooth, with no defined land and groove transitions. ;)

Your kids are going to talk about their camping days for the rest of their lives.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals