Tucson tortoise: Edit for photos

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Tucson tortoise: Edit for photos

Postby noseoil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 am

Most recent trip into Colorado, a nice weekend with my son for an elk hunt.

Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby noseoil » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Finally done with the uploads for the build. If you want to kill some time, please take a look at the build & the wonderful input from members, comments & the help I received along the way.
Over 20,000 miles & still rolling along!
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby lfhoward » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 am

Tim, thanks for fixing all the photos in your build journal so that other teardrop builders can follow along. I know how much work this is... because I did it too not long ago. You have an awesome trailer built with quality craftsmanship! Definitely worth a read for anyone seeing this.

I was going back through the 33 pages of my build recently and was struck by how engaged you were and how helpful you were in my build process. Thank you for all your help and encouragement along the way!
My off-road camper build on an M116A3 military chassis:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62581
Tow vehicle: 2008 Jeep Liberty with a 4 inch lift.
lfhoward
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby noseoil » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:36 am

Lauren, thanks for the kind comments, it's nice to have a feeling of community when things are going well, or especially when not so well... I must pay homage to people like Tony Latham, Sheddie in New Zealand, & too many others who helped along the way with my build. There are so many generous members on this site, it's a pleasure to interact with them. Remember, if you end up along the the way in northern New Mexico, you're always welcome for a visit.

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jaimefg17 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:25 pm

Hi,

I was wondering, did you register the trailer as a utility trailer or as RV. I'm from New Mexico and I've been wondering about this, as I'm thinking of making my own teardrop from a licensed utility trailer.

-Jaime
jaimefg17
Teardrop Inspector

Registration

Postby noseoil » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:52 pm

I did the registration on the basic trailer frame at motor vehicles (Arizona) when I bought & registered it with the state. On stuff this small, it really isn't a big deal for the state & its interests ($). I would register the trailer & then forget about it. Trying to get an RV plate is a waste of time, money & effort. If the plate is there & in place, you're legal on the road.

You will need to insure if for yourself, but if it's a home-build, it can be troublesome. State farm did our insurance, but they were reluctant to put a dollar value on it. They insured the basic cost of the materials, but nothing else. I finally had to take it to our agent in Tucson for a couple of pictures. When I got there, they couldn't believe it was not a factory job, as it looked pretty good to them. Just not good enough to include my labor...

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:24 pm

When I got there, they couldn't believe it was not a factory job, as it looked pretty good to them. Just not good enough to include my labor...

And yet if you'd brought them a Jayco or other U.S. built RV ticking time-bomb... :thumbdown:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals