25.) The floor has been flipped, aligned and bolted to the frame.
*The floor is not very heavy, but it is a four man job to not bend and break it. We had to be careful
to adjust the front and rear jacks to keep the floor straight with no twist. Two more jack stands at
the wheels would have been better.
* We got the front steel angle support frame 1 1/2" to far forward. I had to cut steel angle straps,
and double bolt the front down.
26.) The floor is shown finished.
*I cut 3/4" pink foam insulation, and Titebond II glued it in between the framing.
*I cut the 11/32" plywood floor slightly oversize. I drilled holes in the plywood for bolt heads sticking
up above the framing. The holes were filled latter with thickened epoxy.
*The framing and insulation were coated with Titebond II glue, and the 11/32 plywood floor was back glued
and brad nailed down. All the plywood edges were then flush trim routed square.
*The 2" x 4" framing is for a 4' x 8' work table on top of the trailer. All the wall panels were built there.
I have a one car garage, and I needed the work space. Also, it's way to hot to work outside in Florida in July.
I had to store all the plywood and insulation in the house.
27.) The plastic covered work table is shown.
*All the 3/16" wheel well panels are laid out to be laminated to make the wheel well boxes.
*The side and top edges of the inside layers of the sides are set in 3/16". All the the edges of the inside
layer of the tops are set in 3/16".
*I spread Titebond II glue on both sides, and used an electric staple gun to hold the pieces together.
28.) The assembled wheel wells.
*I dry fitted the panels, and marked them with pencil for proper re-assembly. I double checked the finish
dimensions of the dry fit to be sure they were in correct sequence. It was a complex little puzzle.
*The edges were sealed with epoxy resin. Catsup texture epoxy was applied to the edges. The corners were
interlocked, and then they were 18 ga. brad nailed together.
29.) This shows the detail of thickened epoxy fillets on the inside corners of the wheel wells.
*I used the rounded edge of the tongue depressor stick to apply the thickened epoxy. I used the 3 to 1 powder
mix until the epoxy is the consistency of peanut butter.
*When the epoxy has cured, I use a big rat tail file and sand paper to smooth the fillet.
*Note the left outside 1/8" plywood has yet to be installed.