Kenskill style build in Delavan, WI (Now Cub Modern)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Kenskill style build in Delavan, WI (Now Cub Modern)

Postby pchast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Looks good! :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby breb » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:58 am

Mr. lahey I would be so tempted to get a coat of paint on that teardrop. I don't know that anything would stop me. It looks A1 .
When your so close to the finish line you really have a hard time stopping for any other project. :D
breb
Teardrop Master

Postby retep » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:00 am

Looks amazing Mr. L

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
retep
Teardrop Master

Postby Mr. Lahey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:17 am

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

However today is the day I'm going to put the teardrop on temporary hold. No doubt about it, it's jut begging for a paint job and completion. So stopping work on it is a very tough thing to do.

To me getting this garage heated is a very big deal. It's the only thing I want more than a completed camper. Hopes are it's a 7 day or less thing to get the shop heat going. Then back to the teardrop it is. My helper will finish up a different job in the next few days. I want to have all the materials and supplies here for when he can start by me.

I'm going to button up the tear today. Put the hatch back on and drop it back down on the wheels and tires. Then I'll start running around with the utility trailer to get all the supplies here for the heat project. Picking up the ceiling hung heater and chimney tomorrow. Then 18 sheets of 4x8 OSB board for ceiling and 12 rolls of insulation. Toss in all the gas pipe and fittings too and electrical supplies as well.

Quite a bit of shopping to do. I am such a tightwad too. :cry: I prefer having it, to spending it.

I will feel way better and quit whining about the cost, the very first day I can work out there when it would be too cold otherwise. :thumbsup:
My teardrop camper build journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64721
Mr. Lahey
Teardrop Master

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:04 pm

I stole a few moments from prepping for the garage heat project. I wanted to layout and mock up the below vintage stripe graphic from the pic I found. It would give me a chance to look at the graphic while I worked on the shop. So I quick laid it out on some scrap 1/8" ply cutoffs from the teardrop roof panels. I'm still unsure if I'm going to use it or not. So I want to look at it for a while and see how it sits with me. A few pic's of the templates I cut for the graphic.

Stripe I want to copy:

ernst.jpg
ernst.jpg (19.25 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Templates I made to trace outline on both sides:

temp2a.jpg
temp2a.jpg (70.75 KiB) Viewed 360 times

tempa.jpg
tempa.jpg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 360 times
My teardrop camper build journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64721
Mr. Lahey
Teardrop Master

Postby retep » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:11 am

Very nice! I like the curves you chose. Fits the trailer well

Can't wait to see the final product.

Cheers Peter
retep
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals