Build Journal: All Aluminum Bare Bones Tiny Travel Trailer

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Build Journal: All Aluminum Bare Bones Tiny Travel Trail

Postby ssuuki19 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:00 am

Ok, so finally got the TIG pics. Nuff said. Here are the pics of the tigged tongue:
tnttt_174.jpg
lets see her break here again 1 (most shear stress)
tnttt_174.jpg (23.05 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
tnttt_175.jpg
lets see her break here again 2 (hmm.. doubt it)
tnttt_175.jpg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
tnttt_176.jpg
lets see her break here again 3 (ya.. we'll see, maybe the lower one eventually)
tnttt_176.jpg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 1384 times

How does sealant get on my triceps and then my car seat?? more than once??
Aluminum is almost as fascinating as wood.
Link to my build thread: 4 1/2 x 9
ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Postby ssuuki19 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50 am

Studying other builds as I now research many of course - its just a good start really my piece of fab, a great start I rekon. I did a good job. Its not a bad science project! One must look back to remember where one started, so ignorant and excited, oh the joy of building! So much more to learn about the interior of course. But the dang thing is waterproof, and that means this builder can continue to dream about building his own jon boat. Probably similar style, without the doors and windows hah! Oh and there's that small utility trailer, and the timbrens and the... ... ... ...

Builders will understand that this build, this prototype, whateva it is, it never had a shop to grow in. It went from dream land to auto cad to skecth land to his yard, to their yard, to that guys yard, to that rental, to that rental, to that house, to that campground, so to speak. Thats the story of the builder/fabricator without a shop. And sure as shat, we've all been there. The idea can't be stopped by lack of space, can it??

I bought an acre. Like 1.0 acres of land. Like 208.7ft by 208.7ft square on the darn survey from the fifties. It has a shop or garage on it, depending on how one describes it. Its about 24ft x 40ft, its got a great roof, great old perimeter foundation on it, dirt floor safe for welding. Its in need of care, its raw, and its gorgeous. Its got aluminum wiring hah.

In some ways I wonder if all this effort put in to build my tiny travel trailer was just to get me to this land. Who knows it has history back to the 1700's apparently some determined folks decided they were going to farm and raise cattle in the frikkin' canadian shield. Rocks come to mind. Rocks and bedrock. But the land was cleared somehow and clearly it was farmed and cattled and then probably sortof lost its way along the tens of decades, more recently just left as is, to tell its story, until a part of it met me.

This is my shop or garage, depending on how one sees it. Of course my tiny travel trailer doesn't even fit yet, for the doors are too short, so my little trailer shall sit for the winter in the bare cold, bored and verminproof :)

Here is my picture for today: (the garage, i guess)
tnttt_177.jpg
we gonna strap it and put sheet metal on it i figga
tnttt_177.jpg (157.13 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
tnttt_178.jpg
1 more pic - this 40hp or so tractor restore scares me but my buddy disagrees he loves fixing old stuff, says its easy
tnttt_178.jpg (158.04 KiB) Viewed 1329 times

ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Postby ssuuki19 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Gonna be the long winter downtime on this build until next spring when I get back to my land and get my trailer into the shop. Just wanted to mention that I finally figured out how to export custom pictures from iphoto, and how to start albums on this forum. Already loaded quite a few of the pictures... essentially its all the same ones, right from the start, but as large as I could get them to up-load.
So to all those who are visually challenged, trying to see my posted pics on smartphones without a magnifying glass, check out my first album, pretty sure it works ok - let me know if it doesn't. I will upload all the rest of them probably by the new year. Oh geez I can't wait to get back to that shop.. over and out!

ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Postby dancam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Nice! Can you post a pic of where your new place is on google maps? Im wondering if we drove past it this summer. Hope you have loads of fun with it! We were suprised driving through the shield how many places appeared to be abandoned. Best of luck! And the tongue looks great!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby ssuuki19 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:35 am

Hey this post just got edited - working on a better update..

ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Postby ssuuki19 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Summer ish 2019 Not Quite 'eh

Just checking inn, the trailer wintered outdoors really well, and dry. There are some new UV lines on the door, other than that it looks bored. Just as expected, unless it was used for ice fishing which it wasn't this past winter but now that it has dragged itself this close to the land of lakes, we will have to see.

Soo not too much construction to speak of, essentially it is the same tiny travel travel trailer from last year, with the same 3 bug screen tears, they are nothing to look at, and other than that I wondered what was I going to do to take this great piece to its next level... I wonder . But here are two or maybe three pics to start up the 2 stoker season 'eh?

Gonna call this barely a build because its only displaying 'what didn't happen last winter'. Hah

tnttt_181.jpg
tnttt_181.jpg (414.08 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
tnttt_180.jpg
tnttt_180.jpg (424.19 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
tnttt_179.jpg
tnttt_179.jpg (448.27 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals