My Vistabule-a-like build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: My Vistabule-a-like build

Postby Tim C. » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Very nice. Great to have access to CNC once you have your CAD models.
I was wondering how you formed your curved windows. Assume they are polycarbonate?
Have you had any leaks with the window design?
Tim C.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ZachR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Yes. The windows are polycarbonate. I was able to just form them to the body with just the mounting screws (no heat or any sort of preforming). The trailer is stored indoors, so not really exposed to rain, but no leaks from washing the trailer.
ZachR
Teardrop Inspector

Postby defcon275 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:27 pm

What an amazing trailer! I've been wanting to build up my 4x8 trailer into a teardrop camper, and have always thought the Vistabule was the best looking and best featured. I stumbled on your build and was just blown away. I must have missed it, but I just read through it again, and realized you're a fellow burner!

I know this thread is old, but have you worked on it at all since you last posted? See ya in the playa dust (I was at 3:45 and B at the 2017 burn)
-Nate
RLTW!
defcon275
Teardrop Inspector

Postby estoffer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:50 am

That is a great build, and I like the idea of using ideas from the vestibule. I'm working on my own trailer that has some of the ideas too. Do you happen to have a link to the front small vent that you used? it seems like on hot days that's something that would be really amazing to have in the cabin. Thanks for posting your build. It was super helpful.
estoffer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PitterPatter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:24 am

ZachR wrote:Dry fitting the sides and the roof ribs... everything seems to fit as it should. It almost looks like a trailer!

I tried (and kinda failed) making a small "test" window to see how this trim-lok stuff works. It's much harder to use than it looks on the youtube videos. I think I need to get the "official tools and make sure my corner radii are large enough...

Thanks for posting all this! You're doing an amazing job both building and documenting.
In my build, I'd also like to add a front window (as you did). I couldn't see in your Journal any details about how you finally resolved the windows. Also, as it's been a few years, how are they holding up?

Thanks
PitterPatter
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Build Journals