My (re)Build journal. 5x10 ( Updated 5/5/18)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: My (re)Build journal. 5x10 ( Updated 5/5/18)

Postby lincolnlerner » Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Great Galley! I had to look at what was commented and then it was hidden! Great work. That floor is "camo". Do you have enough space to put a work surface or cutting board on top the right hand drawer? Or hook one up to the counter/side over the cooler? A full galley!
lincolnlerner
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KCStudly » Tue May 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Looks great! ...and very practical, too.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby jsnbergman » Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 am

lincolnlerner wrote:Great Galley! I had to look at what was commented and then it was hidden! Great work. That floor is "camo". Do you have enough space to put a work surface or cutting board on top the right hand drawer? Or hook one up to the counter/side over the cooler? A full galley!

There will actually be a 10inch deep drawer in the center with a flush mount cutting board. The idea is to have it extend even with the floor and the curting board be functional in the drawer but removable. Kind of like a lid.

There is going to be some venting/cooling work done on the bulkhead first. After that is complete then the drawer if space permits.
jsnbergman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jsnbergman » Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 am

KCStudly wrote:Looks great! ...and very practical, too.

Thank you! Much appreciated :beer:
jsnbergman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jsnbergman » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 am

Got the brake lights wired up and tested last night hooke dup to the jeep. The hillbilly A/C is almost complete, need to stain, wire and mount it. Got a few touch ups here and there but for the most part shes ready for Memorial day weekend. Ill post some pics of the A/C once I have it painted and stained. My first go at fiber glassing should have not been a small box with a center divider. But thats what gel paint is for, or maybe Ill get flex seal. Wanted to make sure the idea worked before sharing much, if it works half as good as the one we use tent camping we will be in great shape. :beer:
jsnbergman
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals