FloridaWild's build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: FloridaWild's build

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Fined the final coats of the mix, built my door and canvased the front and back walls.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ojgrsoi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm

[quote="FloridaWild"]Fined the final coats of the mix, built my door and canvased the front and back walls.[quote]
Your PMF skills look so much better than mine. I had corner issues. Yours are cut precise and look great. :thumbsup:
Mark
Weatherford - True Texas

https://youtu.be/BKs6XfgAKKc
ojgrsoi
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:08 pm

ojgrsoi wrote:
FloridaWild wrote:Fined the final coats of the mix, built my door and canvased the front and back walls.
Your PMF skills look so much better than mine. I had corner issues. Yours are cut precise and look great. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I followed the method used by a forum member named ghcoe. The front wall cuts look better than the back, after I remembered, he said to paint the glue into window openings and corners and let it dry before cutting. It allows the material to be cut, with a razor blade, without fraying and makes folding and shaping a lot easier.
FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm

She’s all in canvas!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:31 pm

looking very good!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby FloridaWild » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 am

featherliteCT1 wrote:looking very good!

Thanks!

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Olddog1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Looking good FW
Olddog1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 pm

All painted. I like the Toyota Tacoma color, Quicksand. I paint cars for a living, so I brought the spray out card home from work. Had the lady at HD match it. I think she nailed it. Painted the roof in a white latex high gloss and the sides semi-gloss.. I’m now ready to install windows, door, A/C and Fantastic Fan. Then I can get this thing out of my garage and finish the interior.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ojgrsoi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Nice job. :thumbsup:
Mark
Weatherford - True Texas

https://youtu.be/BKs6XfgAKKc
ojgrsoi
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 pm

ojgrsoi wrote:Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Installed my windows today. I believe I read somewhere, that Tony Latham said he uses rv butyl tape, to seal his windows. So, that’s what I decided to do. I’ll caulk around them too, to seal it up good. Also installed my porch and dome lights.ImageImageImageImageImage

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DaddyJeep » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am

The paint turned out great. The accent stripe is certainly bold. The black and white really stand out against the tan.
My big hybrid toy hauler with lots of curves build viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69618

DaddyJeep
Teardrop Master

Postby FloridaWild » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 pm

DaddyJeep wrote:The paint turned out great. The accent stripe is certainly bold. The black and white really stand out against the tan.

In my initial budget, I looked at teardrop windows and door. By the time I paid for those, plus trim for the windows, I was looking at over $600. That was more than a third of my budget. So, I opted to build my own door and use shed windows. With them being white and the roof white, I used that and black to trim with. I still have to trim, around the windows and I’ll round out the corners, when I do, to give sort of the appearance of rv style windows. They will be black. I’m very happy, with the choices I’ve made so far.

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Installed the A/C and hung the door. The door needs some slight adjustment, but I’ll wait until my carpenter buddy can come by. The door was my main concern in the build. I want it to seal properly, so I’ll get some advise from a real carpenter.ImageImageImage

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FloridaWild » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:11 pm

This weekend, I installed my Fantastic fan and prepped my door opening. The door trim extrudes into the opening 1/2” all the way around and is notched 3/16”. When the door closes, it compresses the weatherstripping approx. 30%. I used trips to test it and it seems to work great. I’ve opted to order a teardrop door handle versus a standard house door handle. My walls are 1 7/8” thick. The teardrop handle is adjustable up to 4 1/2”. Today I did some trim work around the inside and outside window frames. I’m using a golden oak stain on the interior trim.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FloridaWild
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals