A new Teardrop Build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: A new Teardrop Build

Postby Aguyfromohio » Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm

I'll build a second little cabinet at the foot of the bed in the back corner, driver side.
Plus a long narrow shelf on the wall between the reading lamps at the head of the bed.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aguyfromohio » Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 pm

Here's the new shelf at the front.

Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Sat May 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Guy, I just read through your build journal again. I hope to run into you camping some day. Your tear is a wonderful example of design and craftsmanship so I will have to check it out.

Tom
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby OP827 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:30 pm

Wow, I just found your build only because you have just posted on my build thread. This is impressive and unique and you already built two of these, Congratulations! :thumbsup: :applause:

So you are using the actuator to press the seal down, i.e. after the back wall is up you push the back wall outside and drive the actuator down to compress the back wall seal? This is one smart idea.
:thumbsup:

What did you use as a skin for your white trailer and how you covered all edges, aluminium trim?

I wish I could see your build in person.
OP827
Donating Member

Postby Aguyfromohio » Sun May 31, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks guys. For the aluminum skins I used 4 x 8 sheets of pre-painted, .040, painted both sides, also had the protected film on one side.

For the aluminum trim we use two materials. Used a standard trim edge molding from Vintage technologies.
Added a 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle, and used that on the round nose as the corner trim. The trim edge molding was dead soft and bent easy. The angle was hardened, so we annealed it with a propane torch, that was time consuming. But it bent well after it was soft.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aguyfromohio » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Camping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals