Waffle dog recipes

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Waffle dog recipes

Postby danlott » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 pm

I am on the hunt for waffle dog recipes. Maybe someone has the original booklet that came with the waffle dogger can provide them here. Also any good recipes that you may have came up with on your own.

Thank you,
Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Re: Waffle dog recipes

Postby Zollinger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:18 am

New to the waffle dog thing, but have tried a few things in it. Waffle mix and breakfast sausage waffle dogs served with butter and maple syrup were fantastic. Just the right amount of salty and sweet. Also tried peanut butter and jelly waffle dogs. I put the peanut butter in a baggie and squeezed into the center along with grape jelly. They were fantastic and made a real mess out of the iron. Next time I am going to maybe pre make the pb&j centers and freeze ahead of time. Going camping this next weekend and have been thinking about trying a few new things. Maybe using biscuit dough stuffed with cooked crumbled sausage dipped in sausage gravy. Hmmm... muffin mix stuffed with fresh blueberries? The possibilites are endless.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby vladadog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 pm

I always make my own sourdough waffle batter and go sweet for some things and not for others. For example, when i make actual "waffle dogs" i add some ground mustard to the batter rather than suger.... yummy!

I've made little nuttella logs (sort of make the beginning of a string about an 3/4 inch think on some waxed paper and then wrap the waxed paper all the way around and roll to even out the "log") and put them in the freezer before popping them inside unsweetened waffle batter. If you don't freeze it first it is impossible to handle and even frozen you have to work fast because they start thawing right away.

I've tried twix candy bars and pieces of kitkats but prefer the nuttella logs, even if they are a little fussy to work with.

The kids really like if I put chocolate chips and some crumbled up bacon in the inside. Not very traditional but always a hit.

Mix up some cream cheese, scallions, and smoked trout and spoon that in to the center - you get something sort of like a crab rangoon (except it's trout not crab... )

Cream cheese and jam makes a sort of desserty filling.

Sausage in the center makes a great breakfast (one of the best, IMO).
Ruth (teardrop) & Witt (truck) in the northeast kingdom of Vermont, May 2011
vladadog
Donating Member

Postby Rhino Ray » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:14 pm

There has got to be a place where there are other Waffle Dog recipes :thinking: Any one have a copy of the origional pamphlet? :D
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby cdfnchico » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Our favorite is the JalapeƱo Popper Waffle Dog

I make the batter a mix between corn muffin mix and waffle mix...whichever are your favorite brands. I add ranch dressing powder to cream cheese and finely chop jalapeƱos and mix in. I like to use Sinai Kosher brand dogs. They are quality meat and fit the dogger better because they are longer. Cut a V shaped boat in the dogs and fill with cream cheese mixture. I top with a slice of precooked bacon. Prepare all the dogs ahead of time. Add a layer of batter to a well oiled waffle dogger, place a stuffed dog in and add a final layer of batter. Yum!

Shared a batch of these at last year's Pinewood Derby at the Dam. Didn't last long lol!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Rhino Ray wrote:There has got to be a place where there are other Waffle Dog recipes :thinking: Any one have a copy of the origional pamphlet? :D

It has been posted a few times. http://tnttt.com/download/file.php?id=1039 Here is the link to the PDF of the insert.

And my first 'dogs are here : viewtopic.php?p=1022462#p1022462

Shortcake 'dogs : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57118

Graham cracker waffle batter (just add marshmallows and chocolate chips fore s'more 'dogs): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57793
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Rhino Ray » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 am

Thanks wagondude. This is what I was looking for. Looks like it needs to be seasoned like cast iron. I should have known.
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, you don't oil it and run it in the oven like you would cast iron (or at least I didn't). Mine was completely un used. I just heated and sprayed with Pam. Then just rinse and wipe out to clean. If you do try to season like iron, you run the risk of warping it from the heat. You can't heat the aluminum to a high enough temp to polymerize the oil. I think I would do the beeswax treatment If I were you.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Vedette » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:39 pm

wagondude wrote:
Rhino Ray wrote:There has got to be a place where there are other Waffle Dog recipes :thinking: Any one have a copy of the origional pamphlet? :D

It has been posted a few times. http://tnttt.com/download/file.php?id=1039 Here is the link to the PDF of the insert.

And my first 'dogs are here : viewtopic.php?p=1022462#p1022462

Shortcake 'dogs : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57118

Graham cracker waffle batter (just add marshmallows and chocolate chips fore s'more 'dogs): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57793

Thanks Bill
We were able to print the original booklet from your link, and will now have it to take with us while camping.
Love our Waffle Dog maker!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2