My soon-to-be-famous "Heart Attacker"

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

My soon-to-be-famous "Heart Attacker"

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:52 am

If you're anything like me, come 4th of July, you go nuts on the grill. I made ribs, chicken, burgers and dogs for the kids, a ton of sides, and then I was going to throw some sweet sausage on there.

So I invented the Heart-Attacker instead.

Bacon, wrapped around sausage, covered in Mozzarella cheese that's put on at the end.

I wanted to throw some cheddar on there too, but my wife threatened to throw me out of the house.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida

Postby Joseph » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:15 am

Not exactly suitable to camp cooking but my variation of the "heart attacker" is pretty darn good if I do say so myself: a half pound rare hamburger topped with bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and homemade special sauce (mayo, chopped onion, minced garlic, pickle relish and enough catchup to make it pink), served on a bed of lettuce & tomato.

Image
I LOVE the Atkins diet! :thumbsup:

Joseph
User avatar
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:21 am
Location: Excelsior Springs, MO

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey, that looks GOOD.

I'm not a big mayo guy, but the way you put that together, it doesn't look like it's a strong mayo taste. The relish and other stuff tone it down, and the little ketchup makes it like Russian dressing.

And it's RARE! That's the ONLY way to eat meat!
Last edited by Ira on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Postby Chris C » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 pm

GAWWWWD!!!!! If'n I'd put either of those in front of my face, I'd check with my Cardiologist first! :lol: (But dang they look and sound great!) :thumbsup: :applause:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C
.
 
Posts: 3302
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Top

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:07 pm

Yummmmmmmm.....

Open face kinda burger makes me think of something we used to have here. A restaurant called Lion's Share had a Chili Chop.... open face burger smothered with chili, cheese and onion....

maybe not a "heart attacker" but a "Belly buster" from the heartburn ...

hahhaa
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3693
Images: 82
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:12 am
Location: McLoud, OK
Top

Postby rbeemer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:35 pm

What you guys did not go to the Waffle House for Biscuits and Suasage Gravy with a side of covered, smothered and chunked to have your Heart Attack :twisted:
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club
 
Posts: 997
Images: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:35 pm
Location: Oregon, Tigard
Top

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:02 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Yummmmmmmm.....

Open face kinda burger makes me think of something we used to have here. A restaurant called Lion's Share had a Chili Chop.... open face burger smothered with chili, cheese and onion....

maybe not a "heart attacker" but a "Belly buster" from the heartburn ...

hahhaa


my favorite truckstop in East Texas had a double patty open faced chiliburger that was smotherd in chili/cheese/onions/lettuce/tomato...not only was it a heart attacker but the indigestion would help me stay awake all the way to El Paso.....
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
User avatar
madjack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15125
Images: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Central Louisiana
Top

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:24 pm

madjack wrote:
my favorite truckstop in East Texas had a double patty open faced chiliburger that was smotherd in chili/cheese/onions/lettuce/tomato...not only was it a heart attacker but the indigestion would help me stay awake all the way to El Paso.....
madjack 8)


:?

Yummy but ...... <<<<< Ahhhhhh urp>>>>>>> haaaa.... pass the tums...
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3693
Images: 82
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:12 am
Location: McLoud, OK
Top

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:30 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:
madjack wrote:
my favorite truckstop in East Texas had a double patty open faced chiliburger that was smotherd in chili/cheese/onions/lettuce/tomato...not only was it a heart attacker but the indigestion would help me stay awake all the way to El Paso.....
madjack 8)


:?

Yummy but ...... <<<<< Ahhhhhh urp>>>>>>> haaaa.... pass the tums...


...nope no tums...with antacid I would fall asleep before Abilene (or even Weatherford)...without, I could make El Paso before stopping for a nap...get up, have a plate of huervos rancheros and make it to LA...who needs drugs to stay awake...heart burn does nicely...TYVM :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
User avatar
madjack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15125
Images: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Central Louisiana
Top

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:25 pm

You guys ain't gonna believe what the kids and I concocted in our dutch ovens for dinner tonight... Well yaa, one of the items was another fabulous BLT pizza, but wait till you see the pics of what else we did.
Probably our last crack at doing any DO stuff until the gathering.
I'll give ya'll a hint... Think desert. :twisted:
Image Image Image
User avatar
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler
 
Posts: 4993
Images: 69
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 8:44 pm
Top

Postby Micro469 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:27 pm

ice cream??? :lol:
John
Image
User avatar
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 3185
Images: 382
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Top

Postby DRYVEM » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:36 pm

Guest wrote:You guys ain't gonna believe what the kids and I concocted in our dutch ovens for dinner tonight... Well yaa, one of the items was another fabulous BLT pizza, but wait till you see the pics of what else we did.
Probably our last crack at doing any DO stuff until the gathering.
I'll give ya'll a hint... Think desert. :twisted:


Spumoni Ice Cream :D

Barbara
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member
 
Posts: 247
Images: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:47 pm
Top

Postby Ma3tt » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:22 pm

Hey Guest....
PEACH or CHERRY?
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
User avatar
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU
 
Posts: 1140
Images: 179
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Noodleberry Park. Ca.
Top

Postby Nytewyng » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:23 pm

Wow some nice recipes there you guys, but as a Nurse I can tell you unequivocably that any of those described above will taste great but halfway down the esophagus they will hang a sharp left right into the coronary artey and eventually harden like quikcrete 8) .... Bon Appetite!
Rob and Deb Mangano
User avatar
Nytewyng
500 Club
 
Posts: 565
Images: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Top

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Nytewyng wrote:Wow some nice recipes there you guys, but as a Nurse I can tell you unequivocably that any of those described above will taste great but halfway down the esophagus they will hang a sharp left right into the coronary artey and eventually harden like quikcrete 8) .... Bon Appetite!

Party pooper! :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
User avatar
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3694
Images: 112
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:55 am
Location: Oregon, Portland
Top

Next

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest