My soon-to-be-famous "Heart Attacker"

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Re: My soon-to-be-famous "Heart Attacker"

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Ira wrote:If you're anything like me, come 4th of July, you go nuts on the grill. I made ribs, chicken, burgers and dogs for the kids, a ton of sides, and then I was going to throw some sweet sausage on there.

So I invented the Heart-Attacker instead.

Bacon, wrapped around sausage, covered in Mozzarella cheese that's put on at the end.

I wanted to throw some cheddar on there too, but my wife threatened to throw me out of the house.

What's the matter with you --Mozzarella doesn't have nearly enough fat. :D

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 pm

kurtibm wrote:
bledsoe3 wrote:I told my wife tonight that I needed one of these when we're in AZ over spring break. How far is Tempe from Phoenix? :twisted:

Phoenix is pretty wide-spread, so it depends on the section of Phoenix. But I can say that w/o traffic, that it's about 15 minutes from the airport (Sky Harbor). Tempe adjoins Phoenix on Phoenix's southeast border.
Below is a link to a Phoenix street map - look for the town of "Guadalupe" in the center(ish) of the map. Just below that is the (now extinct) town of "Kyrene" - the Heart Attack Grill is right there. I live <1/4 mile away.
The Airport is the gray areas just east of the star.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Phoenix&state=AZ

kurt

I was at Barrett-Jackson a few weeks ago, and "The Pink Taco" restaurant was one of the food concesions at the show. There slogan was, "eating out never tasted so good".

I'm not making this up. That had to cause some angst in town. They'd get arrested in Dallas, home of the Souther Baptist Church. LOL

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby kurtibm » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:56 pm

It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:32 am

Hey guys .... this is Trudy in Missouri. I raised cattle for 25 years ... probably wasnt a day that we didnt eat steaks / hamburgers / roasts ... and as rare as I could get away with. When I had my first really complete physical at 50 ... and had my cholestoral checked ... doctor said I had the lowest cholestoral (bad kind) and best good kind cholestoral of any patient he had had in 20 years !!! So you guys are just not eating enough Beef !!!
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby retiredcamper » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:14 pm

bledsoe3 wrote:
Nytewyng wrote:Wow some nice recipes there you guys, but as a Nurse I can tell you unequivocably that any of those described above will taste great but halfway down the esophagus they will hang a sharp left right into the coronary artey and eventually harden like quikcrete 8) .... Bon Appetite!

Here is my menu for a day:

Breakfast,

Pour into a bowl two cups Cherrios, add milk. Simple and healthy.

Lunch,

Apple, orange, banana with a few nuts.

Dinner,

Boneless skinned chicken breast, slow cooked with a can of Cambells condensed soup, carrots, onions, potatos, and any other veggie you have on hand.

Portions are small with total calories for the day under 2,000.
retiredcamper
Teardrop Master

Postby fornesto » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:09 pm

Dip it in mayonaisse!!!!!!
fornesto
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm

retiredcamper wrote:Here is my menu for a day:

Breakfast,

Lunch,

Dinner,

Boneless skinned chicken breast, slow cooked with a can of Cambells condensed soup, carrots, onions, potatos, and any other veggie you have on hand.

Oh GAWD!! Is this what I have to look forward to to make it past 65 :cry:

I'll never make on a diet like that...

Good for you though RC, ...well got to go get my pizza out of the oven...lol

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:47 am

I did not follow a diet like I should have. In fact on March 24th I had to have a double bypass.
And it was good.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ira » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:02 pm

retiredcamper wrote:
bledsoe3 wrote:
Nytewyng wrote:Wow some nice recipes there you guys, but as a Nurse I can tell you unequivocably that any of those described above will taste great but halfway down the esophagus they will hang a sharp left right into the coronary artey and eventually harden like quikcrete 8) .... Bon Appetite!

Here is my menu for a day:

Breakfast,

Lunch,

Dinner,

Mmmmmm...

Dem's eats!

I'd rather DIE!!! (And I ain't joking.)
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby PanelDeland » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:14 pm

Used to eat at a little dive.They served a Chili,chili,cheese,cheese,bacon,burger,burger.
Open faced on a toasted bun 1/4 pound patty each side,1 grilled chili pepper(mild) each side,american and cheddar cheese each side,covered with chili and cheddar cheese.Mega fries on the side.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Postby Hermit » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:04 am

My friends and I have a burger that we make when we get together, it's a meddam rare (sorry bad spelling) lean dairy cow burgar, topped with my own special sauce (take a blender and liquify the following, mayo, katchup, mustard, relish, hot peppers, jallipino peppers, frank's red hot sauce, habinero peppers, onons, horseraddish, chilli powder, cooked bacon, (all of that in equal parts) plus all of the bacon drippings). on an bed of lettuce, tomato, pickle, and sliced up breakfast sausage (to which the breakfast sausage is covered in a combination of the beef gravy and turkey gravy from a local restarant).

Now this is some good stuff, one of the friends owns a dairy farm which is how we get the "meat".
-Hermit-
Hermit
Teardrop Builder

Postby Geron » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:52 am

Well dang!

Saw Ira's name and thought he was back.

Oh well, guess not. Just a resurrected thread.

g
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2