10 ft trailer -SOLD-

...if you find a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer, on Ebay, craigslist, etc, post it here.........

10 ft trailer -SOLD-

Postby Kathy53 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm

http://chico.craigslist.org/rvs/4726920026.htmlImage

Inside is empty except for a few shelves left up. The walls are painted. By the vent on ceiling there is about 4 inches of water damaged wood. He says there is no other water damage. Was going to drive up there but was worried about the painted walls (what was covered up) He has painted the outside but not quite done with it. He used auto spray paint. Does not have a title but
registration is good until end of month. Has it parked on some property in the country not his home and wanted to meet at Loves truck stop and then drive out there. Did not feel comfortable with any of this so I guess I will pass. Of course I will wonder if I passed up a good deal or a trailer dressed up to look like a good deal. Not wanting to drive 4 hours to find out.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Re: 10 ft trailer

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Of course I will wonder if I passed up a good deal or a trailer dressed up to look like a good deal. Not wanting to drive 4 hours to find out.

Or, if you passed up on a picture of somebody else's trailer(not the guy advertising) and a one-way trip to the desert or a robbery.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:52 am

Of course it is prudent to use common sense and caution, but no need to crawl into a hole and hide...

Internet maps these days are pretty good.
Before I go to "look at" anything that is advertised I'll "view" it/the address on my computer before leaving home.
Before I go, I know what kind of neighborhood/area I'm getting into
Most sellers will send pictures if asked, and if there is a big concern, ask the seller to meet you, with the item, at an agreed spot.

All that said, your instincts regarding condition are right on.
Painted interiors almost always exist to cover water damage.
Painted exteriors, unless done by a pro, detract rather than add to the value.
Not having a title is very bad.
Interior is empty is very bad.
It is an old, un-maintained, gutted, do it yourself half baked patch job without a title.
Not much there to bother with, unless you live close, need a parts trailer, and they are giving it away.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:01 pm

48Rob wrote:Of course it is prudent to use common sense and caution, but no need to crawl into a hole and hide...

Internet maps these days are pretty good.
Before I go to "look at" anything that is advertised I'll "view" it/the address on my computer before leaving home.
Before I go, I know what kind of neighborhood/area I'm getting into
Most sellers will send pictures if asked, and if there is a big concern, ask the seller to meet you, with the item, at an agreed spot.

All that said, your instincts regarding condition are right on.
Painted interiors almost always exist to cover water damage.
Painted exteriors, unless done by a pro, detract rather than add to the value.
Not having a title is very bad.
Interior is empty is very bad.
It is an old, un-maintained, gutted, do it yourself half baked patch job without a title.
Not much there to bother with, unless you live close, need a parts trailer, and they are giving it away.

That's good advice, Rob. You always give good advice. :yes:
Rob
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to For Sale(not mine)