Runaway Camper

...if you find a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer, on Ebay, craigslist, etc, post it here.........

Runaway Camper

Postby jjjonz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

I boought one of these a couple months ago and very happy with it,,,,,for the money $2495.00 not bad.
I am in no way affiliated with this company......just wanted to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgwPg3kS6o
jjjonz
Teardrop Master

Re: Runaway Camper

Postby TJinPgh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 am

I think I've seen these listed a time or two on E-bay and thought they looked nice. Of course, I like minimalism so...
-TJ
TJinPgh
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am

Dumb name if you ask me. Just going by the thread topic, I thought it it came uncoupled from the hitch.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jimmycaden » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Greetings!
My wife and I are thinking of purchasing a Runaway camper (sold and made in Florida/USA), after a lenghtly internet research. Thus, I ask from "any" owners of this camper to PLEASE let me know of the pros and cons.
I understand that it is a modified teardrop & that is a trailer with a bed basically....And this is all my wife and I want because we believe in the minimal life style............................. Yet I would like to know about how it hauls on the road, and any negatives concerning this. Also if anyone has modified a Runaway, I would be interested in how they did so...& what they did. Have the owners found them to be durable?
I am a new member, so forgive me of my ignorance on teardrops...............I just wanted to buy something simple.......a product that is easy and safe to haul..and a step up from a tent.............thanks to all.......James
jimmycaden
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hmikey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:43 pm

You might be interested in the"Runaway Camper Owners club" website. These owners post on a number of topics related to RC's. Most reports seem to be positive. The builders have eliminated the roof vent. sopposedly because the slightly curved roof does'nt allow for a tight seal. With two sliding windows and air conditioning I don't see that as a problem. Looks good, a simple and ecconomical way to camp. I'm looking at them. Mike
hmikey
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Every time I see the title of this topic, I click on it to see what camper got loose and ran away.
You'd think I'd learn that this is the name; but then, maybe that's why they named it that, so people would look! :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Every time I see the title of this topic, I click on it to see what camper got loose and ran away.
You'd think I'd learn that this is the name; but then, maybe that's why they named it that, so people would look! :lol:
You mean something like this Sharon. :o But it's a story for another time. ;)

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Gage wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Every time I see the title of this topic, I click on it to see what camper got loose and ran away.
You mean something like this Sharon. :o But it's a story for another time. ;)

Gage...tell us the story!!

Looks like you got lucky.

Dave
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Gage! Was that your teardrop?!!! :shock:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby PKCSPT » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:18 am

I smile everytime I see this name. I always refer to my solo camping trips as running away.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikerueve » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm

My wife and I are considering this option too. If I can figure out a way to attach some sort of "Chuckwagon box" on the back, we may just pull the trigger. Seems like a good place to start and modify as you see a need. I
mikerueve
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 48Rob » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Opening the hatch, cooking, etc, and closing the hatch when you are done is a big part of the joy of having a "real" teardrop.
Adding things to a basic box may work out just fine for you, or you may wish you had waited for what you really wanted?

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Emmitt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm looking at one, I don't camper in the woods, I have grandkids and a one child three states away, I don't cook so I don't need a kitchen , ....but it's so hot here you got have air cond., I have a friend that has a big lot, and I could park on the upper end and be away from the house, .....I think it will work for me......and the price is right too , a lot less then a little guy teardrop.......
Emmitt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby clermont cubby » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 am

If it fits your needs, go for it. Removed my galley because of lack of use. We tend to tour more than camp when we travel. Just the two of us now and we eat out most of our meals. I now use my TD as a camper/boat hauler.

Thats the beauty of teardropping, modify to meet your needs.

Larry :D
clermont cubby
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 am

The one thing this camper doesn't have is storage. One to the best things about a teardrop (IMHO) is the ability to keep all your camping stuff in the trailer and not have to spend 2 hours packing/unpacking each trip. Just hook up the trailer and go (well, after throwing some food in there ;) ). We even keep clothes in our trailer. It was one of the main reasons we got into a trailer in the first place.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to For Sale(not mine)