Help needed

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

Help needed

Postby ssrjim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Facebook was worthless, they would send pictures of their trailer or tell me to look at YouTube.

Here is what I need, very simple. If you own a canned ham tell me the height (floor to bench) and depth (front of bench to wall) of your dinette benches. I will average your numbers and make mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Help needed

Postby ssrjim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 am

Please grab a tape measure and take two measurements for me.

ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am

I need to issue a disclaimer in that I do not own a canned ham but I have been researching dinette/booth/banquette design for a possible cargo trailer conversion.

Here is a link with dimensions and construction details for a dinette constructed as part of an Airstream remodel: http://vintageairstream.com/cabinets-dinette/.

I also found and saved this drawing with dimensions for a restaurant booth:

You'll see that the dimensions in the drawing and the dimensions for the Airstream are almost Identical. It's mentioned in the Airstream remodel, but I think it is important to point out, that you need to consider the compressed cushion depth and subtract this depth from the seat height and seat depth. Also, for comfort, it seems that it is important for the seat back angle to be not perpendicular to the seat base but to be tilted back 5-10 degrees from vertical and that there is overhang of your seat cushion beyond the front of the seat base and/or to angle the seat front back.

I'm at work now, but I think I have some more info at home. Let me see what I can find.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby aggie79 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 am

You may also want to PM Doug Hodder.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby ssrjim » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 pm

aggie79 wrote:I need to issue a disclaimer in that I do not own a canned ham but I have been researching dinette/booth/banquette design for a possible cargo trailer conversion.

Here is a link with dimensions and construction details for a dinette constructed as part of an Airstream remodel: http://vintageairstream.com/cabinets-dinette/.

I also found and saved this drawing with dimensions for a restaurant booth:

You'll see that the dimensions in the drawing and the dimensions for the Airstream are almost Identical. It's mentioned in the Airstream remodel, but I think it is important to point out, that you need to consider the compressed cushion depth and subtract this depth from the seat height and seat depth. Also, for comfort, it seems that it is important for the seat back angle to be not perpendicular to the seat base but to be tilted back 5-10 degrees from vertical and that there is overhang of your seat cushion beyond the front of the seat base and/or to angle the seat front back.

I'm at work now, but I think I have some more info at home. Let me see what I can find.

Above and beyond, thank you..

ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Don L. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 am

Hi,

I made my dinette table 30" high, the benches are 18" high and 18" deep. The table is 36" wide and drops into the space between the benches (resting on ledgers) to make a bed if needed.

My thoughts on how it works is that the benches are an okay depth but there is not room enough for a back cushion. If I really wanted a cushion there I would have done 20" and a 32" wide table. The table works well being the same width as the space between the benches, I guess some overlap would work too like in the diagram of the Airstream.
Attachments
Inside camper.jpg
Inside camper.jpg (170.32 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Link to my foamie camper build viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67321
instagram #don_leister_violin.rva
Don L.
Teardrop Master

Postby Don L. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:22 am

Cont'd-

I meant to add, as you can see in the picture above, the patio cushion I found for the benches was long so they go up the bench at the end which is a nice back rest if you turn that way, plus that wall is angled back some , making it comfy.

I don't know if I would have changed it much, since in my case I would lose table space to gain bench space and it's 2 adults and one teen eating meals there. I do like the table space.

Good luck with your build and show us what you come up with!
Link to my foamie camper build viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67321
instagram #don_leister_violin.rva
Don L.
Teardrop Master

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves