Plumbing area

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Postby PhotoGuy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 pm

I agree. We could you a pluming area. I am working on a back country trailer and will not be in campground or near public washrooms. I have to install a black water and fresh water tank.

I'm sure there are more out there like me. ;)
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby StandUpGuy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Any headway on this?

:)
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Plumbing area

Postby Martiangod » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am

Typicle vent is 1 1/2" through the roof, no reason it can't go through the side as high up the wall as possible.
But it may get a little odiferous on the side where the vent comes out if there is no breeze
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is

Chris

Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
The topper viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58140, gone to a new home to be converted
into an ice fishing shack...FREEBIE !!! for a nice young family
The trailer viewtopic.php?f=50&t=48156
Martiangod
500 Club

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

I've installed quite a few of those vent filters in boats - they are a charcoal filter. You can make one last almost indefinitely (depending on how much you camp) if you remove it and keep it in a plastic bag between outings - it unthreads by hand like a hose fitting.

I hadn't thought about a plumbing section but it's a good idea. My own system is going to be pretty simple (probably just an inline pump and a jug with a separate muni faucet), but I'm happy to help with others' questions.
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby Colemancooler » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I am mounting a water tank from a camper just behind the axle under the floor of my trailer, do I need to mount the Pump below the level of the water ? or will it prime itself, after being drained for winterization. I would prefer to mount it in the trailer, because it does not appear to be designed for outdoor use
Colemancooler
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

Colemancooler wrote:I am mounting a water tank from a camper just behind the axle under the floor of my trailer, do I need to mount the Pump below the level of the water ? or will it prime itself, after being drained for winterization. I would prefer to mount it in the trailer, because it does not appear to be designed for outdoor use

Most are self priming but to avoid making them run dry a very inexpensive check valve mounted low in the intake line will help keep the hose full by not allowing drainback to the tank.

P.S. look for the flow direction indicator and point it towards the faucet.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Colemancooler » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 am

thank you, I did notice the flow direction, it is not marked as big as I would expect
Colemancooler
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets