Oops

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Oops

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:47 am

I have a confession, I have an oops. I wanted to get the sewer hose out of the tongue box, a combination of takes up a lot of room and well, sanitary. So I come up with the brilliant idea of putting a piece of 4" pipe above the 6" pipe I use to store awning poles. Follow the train of thought 3" inch hose into 4" pipe, no problem right, except for the RV bayonet fittings which are not 3" and will not fit :NC
Looking for a solution (the pipe is in and it aint coming out) I decided to look at 3" cam lock fittings and the male fitting does fit inside a 4" pipe. The unanticipated benefit is that I dislike bayonet fittings anyway and this makes it easier to connect :)
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: Oops

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm

I assume you got the pipe out by now, but if not can't you cut/sand away some of the pvc around the fitting to get it out ?
What I'm doing for fishing rods is using an 8' length of 3" through the galley cabinets, then a reducer and a foot of 6" at the reel end. It will come out in a locker so a pipe cap will close it off just fine.
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Re: Oops

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:05 am

Yep the Camlock fittings fit just fine and presents a cleaner appearance.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets