PEX Crimps

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Re: PEX Crimps

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm not worried. If it's cold enough to freeze pipes, it's cold enough to freeze me, sooooooooo I'm not gonna be there.

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby mustangcats » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm

I used Pex on my trailer and did not have a single leak (and it was the first time I had ever used Pex). Maybe there is something wrong with your crimper. Did yours come with the "Go-No Go" tool? It is used to "measure" each crimp to make sure it was crimped properly.
mustangcats
Silver Donating Member

Postby DTCOOPER » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 am

Well I didn't feel like fighting the crimper aymore (tool, supply, operator error, or ALL OF THE ABOVE)
I did some research and found that the cinch ring method was more preferred by local plumbers. So I invested in the tool, and got it all done. No leaks !! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Now I can move on to more fun stuff. I've got to finish framing up the front cabinets/counters.
Then mount the shower, after drilling the hole in the floor, then mark, drill and glue/weld fittings on to the grey water tank for shower and kitchen sink to drain into.
Then FRP the shower walls, then make the cabinet-box for the frig to sit on. then get it installed, then run propane lines from front tank rack to stove, water heater, furnace...
All by the weekend of 2-14-13.. This should be fun and fast paced.. :frightened:
Because I have a constitutional right to, that's why!!
2007 Tundra Tow Vehicle
2004 Road King for riding
Kawasaki mule, 4 wheelers, and other toys for playing!!!
DTCOOPER
Teardrop Master

Postby rowerwet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:30 pm

I use a pex crimp tool like this http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... QbtBR08BPE with the copper crimp rings, only the one I have does 1" pex also. Use a pair of large visegrips to squeeze the crimper until the jaws touch and you won't have any issues. there is a go-no go guage but I really don't use it as I have only had one fitting leak out of hundreds of crimps.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets