Carbon Monoxide Detector with shutdown

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Carbon Monoxide Detector with shutdown

Postby Bogo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:04 am

http://www.suremarineservice.com/CMD-4MR-RLY.aspx
Xintex Carbon Monoxide Detector is powered by 12 VDC and it has a generator shutdown circuit so it should also be able to shut off an external thermostat controlled heater. It is supposed to draw 85mA which I think is high, but most of that may be for the relay. Their non shutdown version only draws 16mA.
Bogo
500 Club

Re: Carbon Monoxide Detector with shutdown

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 pm

I bought a combo CO/smoke detector at Home Depot...doesn't shut anything down though, just emits a loud sound like your normal smoke detector if there is a problem. It's loud enough since it's about 3 feet from my pillow. 9volt battery powered.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Bogo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:48 pm

You may want to put it at your feet... Those alarms are loud and can easily be heard through walls!!!
Bogo
500 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Moving it to my feet would only move it 3 feet further away, and I would be concerned about air flow down there. I have it where it is because warm air rises and it is near the peak of the camper. If I put it down by my feet I would be concerned about it being in a dead air space only 18" tall where smoke/co may not get to.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets