Where to find double propane hose (Y)

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Where to find double propane hose (Y)

Postby kd5edj63 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:35 pm

I have a stove and a heater I want to run off of a 20 pound bottle. A third hose for grill would be nice too, but I dont want to have to switch the single hose from one to the other or have 2 hoses that need to be switched at the tank. Is there a "part" for my needs. Currently I use the 1 pound coleman type bottles :thinking:
kd5edj63
Teardrop Master

Re: Where to find double propane hose (Y)

Postby MtnDon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Nobody » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

I have one of the Century 'propane trees' and one made by Coleman that is very similar to the Stansport. Both work very well but the Century is easier to use because of the way it fastens to the 'collar' of your propane tank, rather than having to adjust the 'feet' for stability. One nice thing about 'em is you can use 2 appliances with hoses & set a propane lantern on top of the tree. I use both of mine at various gatherings & hunting camps. One thing I found with the Century was it has to 'acclimate' for up to 5-min after you open the valve of the propane tank. When I first used it my stove & oven kept lighting but would go out shortly. I sent an indignant e-mail to Century Sports & got a quick reply from a very nice lady. She said to open the propane tank for a few minutes before lighting the appliances. Must have some kind of 'safety' valve/fitting in the tree 'cause it's worked fine ever since. I just hafta remember to open the tank for a couple minutes before using... Never had that problem with the Coleman tree. The hoses are available at most sporting goods stores at fairly reasonable prices. They'll fit the tree and any appliance that uses the 1# bottles. Well worth having, wouldn't be without mine.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MtnDon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 pm

That is a safety that came about with the introduction of the newer OPD fill valves. Maybe the Coleman is an older unit. Virtually everything today is supposed to have the safety device.

They do work. They are supposed to prevent the high pressure release of propane in an accident. Case in point, I was tightening a brass fitting in a custom fuel line one day this past spring. I had trouble making the fit gas tite. It was in a high pressure area. I over torqued the fitting and the 4 inch nipple sheared off. I had left the cylinder valve open in error. With the old non_OPD valve there would have been an immediate high pressure high volume release of propane. With the OPD valve the gas flow was reduced instantly to a low flow that was relatively safer.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby kd5edj63 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

links wont work for me :x
kd5edj63
Teardrop Master

Postby MtnDon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Googlr Propane Distribution Post

MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets