Gas Sniffer

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Gas Sniffer

Postby MtnDon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Does anyone have a propane or natural gas sniffer / alarm that they know works? I've been looking and reading reviews. Between finding units that eat batteries even though the battery is supposed to be only backup, units that don't alarm when a person can sniff the presence of gas, I don't feel comfortable about too many. Any comments about brands and models that folks are very pleased with would be appreciated.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Gas Sniffer

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

I do a leak test every de-wintering soap and water and a mirror to see behind and since my gas alarm has never gone off :thinking:
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: Gas Sniffer

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:07 pm

we use red leak decter at work much better than soap and water. also we splice in a 100 pound pressere gauge to the gas supply line and turn on the gas then shut it off and its has to hold for 3 minutes not sure where you get a electronice sniffer we get ours all though are part houses like teco of fmi.........not sure where a common guy can get them on the open market In all my propane truck driving years I have never even used on or operated one of the electronic ones you mentioned..........I really don't know how they work..........slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets