Need help with toilet/shower

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Need help with toilet/shower

Postby katiebronleewe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:50 pm

We are first time trailer owners with a 1961 mobile scout 16 ft. It has no bathroom but we like to camp places that often have no showers. There is a tiny closet over the wheel well that we want to convert. Thinking about a porta potty. Anyone have any advice on potties in tiny closets and converting closets to showers? Thanks!
katiebronleewe
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Need help with toilet/shower

Postby daveesl77 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:53 am

Think "outside the box", literally. Doesn't need to be inside, take it outside. You can buy or make an outdoor enclosure to become a shower/toilet/changing room. A really good store bought one will run about $75.

In our case we had an old ezup canopy that got whacked by a really big wind. I was going to toss it, but then realized the 4 legs were fine, as well as most of the x members. I just took the x members out, reduced it down to a single member for each side. This gives us a 3' x 3' x 7' outside room. I bought a sand colored plastic tarp that wraps the frame and attaches with velcro and curtain hooks for the walls. I had some old fiberglas tent pole pieces, so I made a drop-in/fold-up ceiling. I use the 2' HF floor mats for the flooring. The showerhead from the on-demand water heater drops into a holder. I attached 1/4" line between the legs to act as towel rack. It can either be stand alone or we can mount it next to the trailer. Then you have the outside changing room. It takes about 1 minute to setup or take down and is fairly small when collapsed and doesn't weigh much. I paid $7 for the floor mats and $12 for the tarp. I had everything else. The ezup frame and system is far stronger than the storebought ones, but it weighs more and takes up more room.

We camp in many, many places that have nothing but nature, so we have to be fully self sufficient a lot of times. We have the Camco porta potty and it works great. We use the Triton 5L on-demand waterheater, which is also amazing.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Re: Need help with toilet/shower

Postby Dale M. » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 am

Might be something here that will work for you or at least get you to thinking....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... enclosures

Or if it must be inside... RV fiberglass shower stalls....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... wer+stalls

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets