Urinal?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Re: Urinal?

Postby Dfryabq » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Well, I am late to this "party" but I have been running the gamut on this for the wife, I have used a privacy tent with the porta Potti in it, best solution in my opinion. The urinal bottle with the lady J adapter, works well also, if you can manage the gymnastics to use it. The wife isn't always hip on the privacy tent and it can be a pain to set up when traveling and just staying the night in a camp ground. So, the luggable loo on a 5 gal bucket is a little high for inside, so I found a 3 1/2 gal bucket at Home Depot that is 4" shorter but has the same opening size as a 5 gal bucket and the luggable loo fits, the wife can use it in The trailer if she wants that way. My teardrop is 52" tall inside so makes it a little easier and it's a 5x10, but it could work in a 8' length one also.

I was going to put a tube running through the floor with a 1 1/2" hose and attach the lady J to it and a container underneath the trailer. Much like the relief tube we had in our agency planes when working surveillance for long hours and landing wasn't an option.

I can use the urnal with the screw on lid just fine myself. :shock:

Dave
Dfryabq
Teardrop Inspector

Postby capnTelescope » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 pm

No peeking, ladies.

If it's dark enough and late enough, you can just sit in the open doorway with your bottle. No stained sheets, no muss no fuss, no bother.

:thinking: Why is it that I sleep through the night at home, but out camping I gotta get up? It can't be the fireside beer. :NC
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby gudmund » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:47 am

the tube to the outside used to work fine on the Chinook Helo's when in flight in the Army but when parked on the ground - NO,NO! (trains used to dump EVERYTHING on the tracks when traveling - saw this in Germany in the 70's when stationed there - flush the toilet and you would see the tracks under the train when in motion!! - trains now have holding tanks like airplanes) Now that idea, a tube with small holding tank might be a workable/discreet thing to think able??? (having a jar/jug just sitting under the trailer in the open, might be just a bit to obvious and open for neighboring camp problems - just a thought or two on this subject,,,,, :thinking:
Last edited by gudmund on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby rockinrobin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:20 pm

When I hit the road early in the morning, I take a very large coffee! I have pulled over and used my bottle in the trailer when there was lots of traffic, and no restrooms in sight! :thumbsup:
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby DrewsBrews » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:45 pm

All this talk has me thinking I should incorporate something into my design. However, I doubt the "idea" of the luggable loo will go over too well with the (soon to be) wife. That is, until doing a few half asleep trips in the cold pitch black.
Last edited by DrewsBrews on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrewsBrews
Donating Member

Postby Dfryabq » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Special Kitty cat litter has a nice scent that is moisture activated, works well in the luggable Loo.
Dfryabq
Teardrop Inspector

Postby clip » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:15 pm

In my old garage I had a piece of 4" pvc with a screw on cap reduced down to 1 1/2 that went through the wall outside into A bucket of stones was trying to figure out a similar setup for my build or a gas cap door type setup outside.
clip
Teardrop Builder

Postby RonS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

gudmund wrote: (trains used to dump EVERYTHING on the tracks when traveling - saw this in Germany in the 70's when stationed there - flush the toilet and you would see the tracks under the train when in motion!! - trains now have holding tanks like airplanes)

Yep, I noticed the same thing on a cross-country trip in the US around 1990. Worked to cure any desire to use the tracks as a short-cut to get anywhere when walking. :)

OP, I think the bottle idea is probably best. Especially the laundry detergent bottle, then you don't have to worry about getting it confused with your drinking bottle....
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
RonS
Teardrop Master

Postby Rainier70 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Sorry to eavesdrop on this conversation, but I thought I would add that the appropriately sized laundry detergent bottles work well for women too. Pull the spout off.

Okay, I'm outa here! :oops:
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm

No endorsement, but there are waterless urinals, and at least one is promoted for rvs. Universal Eco Urinal and it looks like there is a mini version.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets