quick connects for bulk tanks

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

quick connects for bulk tanks

Postby nevadatear » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:12 am

I apologize in advance, I know nothing about plumbing, especially gas. However, I am asking for my husband who does understand. We currently have a 20# bulk stand-alone tank and a campchef fire pit with a hose with the regulator at the tank end and a 17" blackstone with bulk adapter hose that uses the 1# regulator. I would like to make it easier to switch back and forth without using a y or tree connector as the two are never close together. Is there a way to do this without replacing all the hoses in addition to the needed quick connect fixtures? Am I right that I would need high pressure connectors to continue to use the same hoses and regulators?
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: quick connects for bulk tanks

Postby Squigie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:46 pm

You should just need the quick connect fittings, and any adapters necessary to mate them to the hoses, if the thread pattern is different.
Squigie
The 300 Club

Re: quick connects for bulk tanks

Postby dbhosttexas » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:29 pm

While there are other brands, the Joolca Gasknect fittings work very well. Just get a set for each needed appliance, you will have the female plug end on the hose, and the male plug end on the appliance, just click together, and ANY TIME you make a gas connection, check for leaks with soapy water and watch for bubbles...

This is of course assuming the fire pit and blackstone both use a standard 3/8" flare BBQ style fitting.

Something to consider though. You will only be able to run one appliance at a time this way. Instead you might consider getting an extension hose, and Y fitting along with the Gasknect to make it all happy... and allow them to be further apart...
dbhosttexas
The 300 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets