Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Louella,

Come to Michigan. Our bridges are not so scary. And we don't have sharks!

Here's how it looks close up...

I don't know if you remember, but a number of years ago we had a Yugo drive across that bridge, and the wind picked it up and threw it over the side. Oh the disadvantages of a bridge that lets the air up through the grates...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:46 pm

:shock:

although, that one bridge looks like a challenge for sure. do people try walking across that one?
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

apparently...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby vwbeamer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

That's the authors whole point....idiot buy dog as gifts , then blame the poor dog when it doesn't work out. Dogs are not gifts, they are responsibilities.

eaglesdare wrote:wow, i would normally never go off on someone on these boards, but til i got to your second post i was all riled up here. i was going to let you have it.

however, the fault in that story belongs to the dad for buying that dog at the mall in the first place! if he did not buy that poor puppy and no one else did either, the puppy mills would go out of business.

no to calm down. :lol:

hey glen, that bridge doesn't look bad at all. you sure you have the right one?
vwbeamer
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

oh, and this one...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Mike those are the ones you cross after consuming at least 20 pounds of beer and maybe a shot or two thrown in to boot.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby GPW » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

You know it’s a high bridge , when they give you binoculars and an oxygen mask at the toll booth ... :o

Hey!! Forget that foot bridge !!! :shock: Too SCARY!!! I don’t even bungee jump... :roll: Why Heck, I don’t even leave the house ... :oops:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am

now see, i could see me trying that foot bridge. seriously. but i would get out about 2 feet, just enough to be over the edge and then rigamortis(sp) would set in and the fire department would have to come rescue me. :lol:

when i was stationed in cuba, we got to go up a tower at the gate. it was only a 50' one. doesn't sound bad right. i got about 40 foot up and froze solid! i could not move a muscle. one of the marines had to come down and tantem it up with me.
going back down wasn't any easier either. so tandem it back down too.

oh and to set the record straight, i may have many fears, but i do try to fight them. i am a certified diver. when stationed in cuba i knew i would go into the water, but snorkeling isn't a good option for me. i think you are only floating shark bait. but at least diving, you might beable to hide behind a rock. :lol:

the next cruise i take i am considering parasailing. that would be something to fight my fear of heights at the same time fighting the water (because "the" shark is in the water) fear also.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 am

hey glen, does one have to drive thru city traffic to get to your place? i am at this point thinking about a little trip during the kids school break. i am not sure yet, but just thinking it might be nice to take a trip. and don't worry, no kids will be coming. just the dog, and hubby.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 am

oh and i am not sure what bad weather you are referring to. it has been pretty nice here. simba had to go out at 110 a.m. and i about decided to go to the beach! it was so warm out there. gosh, we have been having days into the 50's. there is talk about getting into the 60's here today.

a couple years back i remember we did that in jan, spent the day at the beach, and the next day we had a blizzard. :lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:13 am

You can avoid the city traffic if you take the Chalmette ferry to cross the Mississippi ... which we refer to as the Western half of the US ... :D True huh ? :roll:
Oddly warm here too .... 70’s :o but then February seems to be our month for Freezes .. could be a warm winter , last winter was cold and long for us ... just a cycle ... maybe ??? :thinking:
Yesterday there was a big green patch headed your way ... now I see it’s stalled ... temporarily ... so you can go enjoy parasailing , and make like dangling shark bait ... :o :roll: :R
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 am

hey glen, can you bring your pic of the arch overhang build out and put it here. i have a question (i think) about it. so i think we have to discuss it.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:29 am

Arch overhang ??? Huh ??? :?
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:31 am

This Arch ??? Image
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 am

yup, thats the one.

i understand the bed piece that goes side to side.

but the other parts on the build over i don't. i mean i do, but that ledge will be about 6 inches on each side. 6 on each side would make the 6' wide out of a 5 footer.

so with it being raised and only having a 6" lip where would/how to add the lenght part of the bed?

and is all that beige color wood? and if so, is there something else that could be used not as heavy?

i'm just playing with ideas here folks. i know i can't go heavy. but i have to ask anyways.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies