Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 am

Customer service does seem to be lacking in many businesses today ... :roll:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

for one of our boys birthdays we ordered pizza from pizza hut. i ordered large ones, i think 4 of them. my daughter went to pick them up.

when i went out there to open the box and serve the slices, i said, wow, what happened to the large? these are mediums. my daughter took pics of them and i served them, because i had a house full of boys.

we called the next day, and were told that the manager checks every pizza that left that day and that my daughter was lying about the size. we had the picture that showed how big the pizza was and we even measured the grease stain. so we knew the pizzas were only meds.
we weren't asking for free pizzas either, we just wanted the difference between what a med cost compared to the large. slip ups/accidents do happen. but i did not want to pay for a large, when i got a med.
that phone call did no good.

so we called corporate. LOL that lady could not apologize enough, and sent us 4 free pizza coupons. we even told her that was not necessary, we just wanted the difference between size refunded. i figured that was the right and fair thing.

the manager at pizza hut did not give us a warm and cozy feeling when we finally did go in and get our free pizzas. but we shop at another p.h now. can't be bothered with our local one because of c.s. still shop there, because corporate worked with us.

customer service is very important.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Well, of all things , a Nice gentleman called me from HF ... Told me he’d have this trailer for me to pick up at the store in a couple weeks (at better than the the sale price ) !!! He also agreed the store policy needed changes made about ordering as they had 400 of these trailers just sitting in the warehouse ... and he said even he thought that was waaay too much for shipping ... Nice Guy !!!

I did mention this forum to him and that a LOT of folks used these trailers for campers ... and it would be Nice if everyone could just go in the stores and pick one up ... as advertised .... he agreed !!!
So Looks like things worked out this time ... 8)

Eagle , I gave up on commercial Pizza long ago ... and just make my own ... Much cheaper and I use much healthier ingredients ... I even place the Pepperoni between sheets of paper towels and run them in the microwave for 30 seconds , which removes most of the FAT , and makes them crispy delicious ... Only problem now is when I make Pizza , all the neighbors come over for some , so I have to make quite a few at a time ... always a Party at my house ... :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Healthy piza?????

That is so so wrong

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:Healthy piza?????

That is so so wrong

Randy

:lol:

gpw, that is really great that things seem to be working out with your and hf!
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Healthy pizza , why not !!! :thinking: I just hate to get a commercial pizza with little pools of Pork Fat in the pepperoni ... Ewwwww!!! Remove most of the Fat , remove the health problems ... I make veggie pizzas too , and to great acclaim ... of the neighbors ... Ps. they bring the Beer !!! :thumbsup:

Eagle , the rep said the employees were probably stressed having to work Labor Day , that and the storm too ... I went for that !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 pm

GPW wrote:Healthy pizza , why not !!! :thinking: I just hate to get a commercial pizza with little pools of Pork Fat in the pepperoni ... Ewwwww!!! Remove most of the Fat , remove the health problems ... I make veggie pizzas too , and to great acclaim ... of the neighbors ... Ps. they bring the Beer !!! :thumbsup:

Eagle , the rep said the employees were probably stressed having to work Labor Day , that and the storm too ... I went for that !!!

That healthy pizza should go well with the nine pints of beer :lol: 8) :lol:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Rosey » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:44 pm

GPW
Have you been diggin' the weather the last few days? You should be making all kinds of progress! :lol:
Rosey
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am

Hi Rosey !!! It has been Unusually NICE huh for this time of year ... 8) 8) 8) Got most everything finished except the window trim frame and “thatâ€
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 am

i have to admit that i think there is nothing better than a good boardwalk pizza folded in half so all that grease just runs down your arm. YUMMY!

we had some rain yesterday and i forgot to tarp the foamie. i knew for sure it would be soaked. but i checked it and found it completely dry! :shock: it looked like more rain was coming so i did put the tarp on.
when we evacd for irene, the inside got soaked as we drove. so i guess the wind pushed the rain inside, but just sitting here in the yard the rain just ran off. or maybe the wind just wasn't pushing it into those huge gaps i have.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 am

Eagle , since foam doesn’t soak up the rain , it just runs off ... like a Duck ... Hmmm ???? Duck Pizza ??? :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 am

Just a thought ... If we made everything right , encapsulating anything susceptible to soaking , we could build in a drain hole , crank up the trailer at an angle , and just Hose it out after camping :o ... All the water , leaves , dirt , food scraps , campfire ash , and fish scales would just all go down the drain ... or in the yard ... Easy cleaning ??? :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Great Thread

Postby iiibonesairforce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

I am half way through this wonderful thread and for sure going to build me one...I am leaning towards a Standy. Like GPW I too a fanatic RC Airplane model designer/builder/flyer. The same techniques I use on RC are/will be applicable for my Foamie build. You Dudes and Dudettes are great ...Excellent information and from what I read so far funny bunch too. :thumbsup:
iiibonesairforce
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GPW » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 am

3IB, Cool , you already Know what to do with foam !!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to your take on these ... :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Re: Great Thread

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:57 am

iiibonesairforce wrote:I am half way through this wonderful thread and for sure going to build me one...I am leaning towards a Standy. Like GPW I too a fanatic RC Airplane model designer/builder/flyer. The same techniques I use on RC are/will be applicable for my Foamie build. You Dudes and Dudettes are great ...Excellent information and from what I read so far funny bunch too. :thumbsup:

welcome! enjoy your reading. i know there are times when we get/got side tracked. but i figured we need a thread where we can just bs to each other.
so if you have a hard time finding something, just give a yell and one of us here will help you out.

are you military? i take it air force?
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies