FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: “would you believe ? ”’ … :D

Now then , I mentioned the Foamie trailers to my SAAB restoration group , their intent, a Light trailer that can be pulled by an old SAAB !

We’ll see where this goes … :thinking:
Ps. I’m currently restoring a 1969 SAAB 96 V4 … but have no intent of towing … not yet anyway … 70 HP is not much … :NC
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:43 am

Oops !!! Two Hurricanes at once … :frightened: FoamStream is ready !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby NedBtoo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:54 pm

GPW wrote:Oops !!! Two Hurricanes at once … :frightened: FoamStream is ready !!! :thumbsup:
Time for the maiden voyage... I don’t think you’re escaping two within hours of each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NedBtoo
Teardrop Builder

Postby bonnie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Stay safe friend! What a time to be alive!

Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby me&z » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:22 pm

GPW wrote:Oops !!! Two Hurricanes at once … :frightened: FoamStream is ready !!! :thumbsup:

Hope you don't need it but glad you have the FoamStream.
me&z
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:59 am

Well, looks like we got the Luck with Marco …. ( not so bad ) … One to go !!! :NC Hope everyone else is SAFE !!! ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am

Hey friend! How about an update?

Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby CharlieL » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:50 pm

THINGS LOOK GOOD OVER HERE IN ORANGE BEACH, AL Very little wind very light rain. Hope you are in a place like that too
Someday I will get off my rump and jump into a build, Thanks folks, for the info. and the things y'all do for one another

Charlie
CharlieL
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:50 am

OK, here’s the story …. Although we’ve been preparing for a week , we seem to have gotten LUCKY , and both storms pretty much missed us by a Slim margin … ( we’re right on the very outer edge … ) Breezy here , a little rain , and the power didn’t even go out here in the woods … 8)

But those poor people towards Texas … :shock: We’ll have to pray for them , daylight will tell the story … :frightened: And we’re due to get one of the tails of the storm later today …. It was a BIG one … and still going North with a fury … :rainy:

The real question is , what is yet to come , the season peaks on Sept 10 , and ends November 30 …. 2020 has been an “ interesting” year … for “disasters” … and not over yet … :NC

All of you Please stay safe and dry !!! Bon Voyage !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby tomhawk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:07 pm

I fear the "disasters" for 2020 are not over.

Here in Iowa earlier this month we had a storm they call a "derecho". It consisted of a straight line winds in excess of 100 mph moving on a path 50 miles wide. The epicenter missed us and was north but the damage here was substantial. Mature trees are down up and down the street. We were without power for 12 hr while our neighbors across the street were without power for a week. Where the storm hit full on in Cedar Rapids they generally had no power for two weeks.

We got warning from the weather service 1/2 hr before the storm hit. Just enough time to move some stuff into a safe place. I did not want my BBQ flying through the air. :shock: There certainly was no time or place to do an evacuation.

You can see the damage across the state from satellite photos. The large area with flattened corn fields has a different color visible from space.

Two and a half weeks after the storm the hum of chain saws are still with us and the downed vegetation lines our streets.
Evolution is driven by mistakes, not plans.

My build: https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75248
tomhawk
Teardrop Advisor

Postby NedBtoo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:11 pm

tomhawk wrote:I fear the "disasters" for 2020 are not over.

Here in Iowa earlier this month we had a storm they call a "derecho". It consisted of a straight line winds in excess of 100 mph moving on a path 50 miles wide. The epicenter missed us and was north but the damage here was substantial. Mature trees are down up and down the street. We were without power for 12 hr while our neighbors across the street were without power for a week. Where the storm hit full on in Cedar Rapids they generally had no power for two weeks.

We got warning from the weather service 1/2 hr before the storm hit. Just enough time to move some stuff into a safe place. I did not want my BBQ flying through the air. :shock: There certainly was no time or place to do an evacuation.

You can see the damage across the state from satellite photos. The large area with flattened corn fields has a different color visible from space.

Two and a half weeks after the storm the hum of chain saws are still with us and the downed vegetation lines our streets.
Years ago, unknowingly drove into the edge of one of those, and then along several hundred miles worth of aftermath. Scary what a straight line wind event Like that can do.

NedBtoo
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 am

But then , lucky as we are , the season isn’t over , so we must remain on alert … 2020 has been a Dangerous year ( for everybody) , no time to be slack … :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:33 am

Happy Birthday Glen!!!

:P :new-bday: :dancing :tipsy: :awesome: :peace:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:17 am

Rob , thanks !!! :D My Birthday wish is that EVERYONE stays SAFE !!!! ;) :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aussie leslie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Well I haven't read all 226 pages but how much does it finally Way how many pounds or tons ?
Aussie leslie
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies