Road Foamie - done for the year

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby Ratkity » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:38 am

Very nice! The dinette area could fold down to be a single bed sleeper.

For us single people, we could probably modify the dinette to have only one bench seat and fold down table to make a great area for putting on shoes and getting dressed without having to elbow the table top.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Rat it does seem a very build-able /tow friendly design ... Thanks for the inspiration !!! :D
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby pat g » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 pm

I too like Rat's TD. That was one profile that was a finalist for me. I really like the back entry door!

Pat G
pat g
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Ratkity wrote:Very nice! The dinette area could fold down to be a single bed sleeper.

Hugs,
Ratkity

That might work for a short person... I don't think it's long enough for a tall person.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Couple extra cushions might make a nice little sofa .. ??? Place to sit back , read , do the crosswords ... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 pm

So here's what I got done over the weekend. Yea, I know... Monday's a holiday too but I will be home brewing. Gotta replenish the beer supply.

So I got the upper galley cabinets built and set in place. I'll attach them to the lower cabinets sometime before the next weekend and then start working on the fresh water and grey water tanks. I may run into parts problems so I'm also collecting a bit more plywood to start on the front bulkhead. I won't put the face frames and the doors on the cabinets until I get the walls up. My wife would like to go camping with one of her friends before the end of October so she'd like to see it campable before then. That means details like cabinet doors will have to wait. It would be a minor miracle (OK, major miracle) if I do get it done to that point before the end of October but that at least gives me the go ahead to work on it in earnest and spend the money I need. 8) 8)
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby DJT » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Wow Mel! Great progress, puts my weekend's work to shame! :oops:

Keep it up!
DJT
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:26 am

Well I finally got around to drawing the profile of the Road Foamie in a format that I could post. I tried doing this in SketchUp and CadStd but I don't have the patience to learn it so this is done in Paint. Pretty simple for simple minds :lol: :lol: :lol: . I still like the dead tree method the best.

The only thing you can't see that might be noteworthy are the two "bakery truck" doors in the back. No hatch... Leakage seems to be an issue with some builds and I don't see an advantage in that feature for this profile.

BTW, the roof, nose and back will be a pastel yellow or as my wife called it "buttercup" yellow. I don't think I can use that description and still keep my membership card in the man club :lol: :? :lol: :o
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pat g » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 am

Really like the profile Mel.

Pat G
pat g
Teardrop Master

Postby pat g » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Mel,

What kind of beer are you making?

Pat
pat g
Teardrop Master

Postby atahoekid » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 pm

The beer I'm brewing is what I call Captain Tom's All American Wheat Ale. I named it after my neighbor who was a merchant marine captain. I brew it almost exclusively for him. Not my style. I'm more of a Pale Ale, India Pale Ale kind of guy.

Thanks for the compliment on the profile. The slope is due to the height of garage. I've got to put a fantastic vent on the top near the front and if I didn't slope it I couldn't make it fit under the garage door.
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

I’m a Stout man myself , yeah that nasty Dark beer..... but I have a 9 pint limit !!! :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Oops DP , My bad !!!
Last edited by GPW on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

hmm, i guess gpw really wanted you all to know his limit since he posted twice. :lol:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

My favorite stout is Rogue's Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout. YUMMMM :) :D :D :) . The seasons are changing, so maybe it's time to brew some up :thinking: :thinking: I'm not sure you could really call 9 pints a limit... :lol: :lol: In my much younger and uneducated days, I used to tell people that drinking Guiness was like drinking tree bark. Oh how dumb of me. Of course if I tell people that now that will leave more for me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies